Chapter 53 - Spring

Bumps after bumps, exiting the hospital parking lot.

Elle sat in the back, holding a small bag of clothes to her stomach, feeling the nerves radiate off of the two in the front. Itching to know what lies next after they officially leave the grounds of the medical building.

She was being personally escorted off of the hospital grounds by Tsukauchi, her sister in the passenger seat, speaking on the phone with Natsuo who was currently being held up by his classes. She didn't feel like speaking, or answering to anyone. She could only muster up nods when she was told that she was being moved. The hospital could no longer take care of her.

Elle bidded a brief farewell to Elise, Elise immediately telling her that once she was settled, to let her know. She felt like sleeping, laying the side of her head down on the bag of clothes. The day was dragging on, she just wanted it to be over with.

An empty shell, is what she felt like. Her personality just dropped off of the face of the earth, what happened? It was all fuzzy in her mind, disoriented and thirsty for answers.

She didn't really know where she was going, she could only imagine the only place that is willing to take her in would be, well, the old house of hers. To live with her siblings again.

Fuyumi ended her call with Natsuo, turning around in her seat to speak to her little sister.

"Not too much longer now, Chi. I know you are tired, but we will get you settled in as soon as possible. Okay?" She reluctantly nodded, not reaching Fuyumi's kind gaze, or reacting to the nickname she gave to her. Why bother, when it didn't matter?

"Not much will change after this. Just your state of residence. You will still be having regular checkups with the doctor, sessions with Hound Dog with a few things added in between sessions. My questionings will resume when you are feeling able." Tsukauchi informed her, glancing in his rear view mirror, seeing her tired form in the back. He released a long sigh, eyes returning to the road. "You won't be able to rest right away though, it will be quite difficult too." Elle perked up, brow raising in confusion. Fuyumi returned to facing the front, face warped in confusion as well, "What things, Detective?".

"You will see soon. It was mostly discussed between your little brother and him."

"Please don't be so vague, Detective. You are just going to leave us more confused. I deserve to know what's going on when it pertains to my sister." 'I would also like to know.' Elle thought to herself. Tsukauchi didn't reply, instead moving his hand and turning up the radio, the sound of jazz music filling the tense atmosphere.

Minutes went by, a steep hill they approached, the altitude going up. When Elle opened her eyes, looking outside of the window of the police cruiser, she about barfed.

She covered her mouth, keeping her breakfast down as she sat straight up, realizing where she was. Fuck, she has been here before. And recently.

Tsukauchi cursed at what was out on the road in front of him, "Elle keep your head down, you too Miss Todoroki." Elle looked to what laid ahead, staring at the influx of reporters waiting at the top of the hill. The word was resting at the back of her throat, ready to be released, a quiet, "Damn...". Her hand muffling the word. So quiet that neither of the adults in the front seat heard her.

The two Todorokis obliged, ducking their heads down, well Elle deciding to just slide further down the seat since the back of the police cruiser didn't come with seat belts. She held the curiosity of a cat, watching reporters run alongside the police cruiser, trying to see through the tinted windows.

"How did they know I was bringing her here?" Tsukauchi voiced his confusion out loud.

"Maybe word got out that she was leaving the hospital?"