"This is my friend! Yuna!" Neo gestured toward the girl with short black hair.

"Hi," she waved her hand and smiled nervously, kind of scared of the thing around Noah's neck. She was such a young child. So innocent, so unaware to the cruelness of the outside world.

"Hi, Yuna," Noah waved back with a friendly smile, "How long have you been friends?"

"Not that long," Neo replied, "She doesn't always come into school."

"Why not?"

"I'm kind of busy at home..." Yuna replied.

"I see, well go have fun. I have some work to do," Noah said.

"Bye Father!" Neo grabbed Yuna's hand and started to run to the courtyard to play.

"Bye-bye," Yuna waved, the sleeve of her shirt ruffling up slightly to reveal a bruise, but Noah had already turned his focus to his screen and didn't notice.

Flashforward

Meanwhile in Neo's room...

"Happy birthday, Neo," Yuna said once she closed the door.

"Morning Yuna," Neo said.

Yuna walked over to the dresser to put her bag down, "Did a miracle happen? I saw Noah outside talking about you."

"I don't know. He's giving a damn today."

Yuna checked Neo's reaction. It was technically good that Noah was trying to give Neo attention, but all of a sudden? How would Neo react? Would he like it? After all the years of mistreatment, after all the neglect. Neo didn't leave much expression on his face to be interpreted. The mask covered the bottom half of his face and he had grown used to keeping his face blank.

"Anyway, are you sick? What's with the mask?" Yuna asked.

"Something like that," Neo replied.

"Well I guess you can't have any of the snacks~" Yuna grabbed a bag of crackers and a bottle of water from her bag.

"Give," Neo extended his hand out.

Yuna chuckled and tossed him the bag and rolled over the water bottle on his bed. She grabbed a bag and bottle for herself as well and then made her way to his bed to get comfy.

Time Skip

"He's cute," Yuna said.

His ears were a triangular shape. The fur on his head puffed up a little. His tail wrapped around in a circle. His eyes were a blue ombre that became cyan. His fur was a snow-white color.

Neo crouched down next to the dog and extended his hand, "Come."

"Grrr," the dog barked trying to get Neo to back off.

Neo's aura changed slightly, Yuna noticing.

"Arf..."

"Come," Neo said again.

The dog gave in and licked Neo's finger. Neo picked him up.

"Isn't that Abel's dog?" Noah said, "It is! I thought he looked familiar. He's got quite the attitude! How did you..."

"What do you want?" Neo asked.

Noah is back again? Yuna thought.

"Here. Happy birthday," Noah held out a black jewelry box.

Neo glared at the male, maybe trying to see if he could sense something.

"I hope you don't hate jewelry."