Chapter 3

Thailand

Wave walked with a guy who covered his face fully; a black cap lowered to cover his face, sunglasses and mouth mask. Wave also had his cap and mouth mask. They walked avoiding the crowd and took the car that had been waiting for them since their arrival in Bangkok.

"Huh, I'm so nervous, luckily no one noticed you." Wave said once they were in the car. He removed the mouth mask. The guy beside him did the same. It was 'Zhan'.

"Yeah. It's brilliant to take the last flight, we arrived here when there weren't many people."

"We'll go to my apartment first. I've arranged for the secret visit tomorrow night," Wave informed. The car drove by Wave's PA headed to the destination smoothly. Both of them took a rest for that day.

The next day, 'Zhan' only stayed inside Wave's apartment during the day as it was difficult for him to go out. Wave made sure to get his PA sending food to him as he had scheduled in the day. During dinner, Wave had come to fetch 'Zhan' for the secret visit. Wave managed to secure a secret pathway at the hospital with the help of Yui. He did not reveal about Krist to her, made up some other excuses.

Wave opened the ward door for 'Zhan' who had a mouth mask and a cap. 'Zhan' could hear the heart monitor beeping rhythmically as he stepped inside with Wave following him from behind, closing the door. 'Zhan' saw the unconscious body on the bed. His heart fell.

"Oh gosh. I look pale." A small comment came out of his lips.

'You!'

'Zhan' startled a bit when he heard a voice. He turned around and saw someone or rather said a ghost sitting on the couch at the corner.

"Oh gosh, it's true. You're here, Xiao Zhan."

'You're him, right? You're inside my body.' The ghost got up and walked closer to 'Zhan'.

"Krist? Did you see him?" Wave came in when he heard 'Zhan' talking to someone. 'Zhan' nodded.

"He's here." 'Zhan' turned to the ghost. "Why you're not inside my body?"

The ghost shook his head. 'I was in there for a second but then I was thrown out. It seems like your body had protection or something.' The ghost explained.

"Xiao Zhan, I already met Jin-laoshi. We concluded that maybe because I use Wuji that this happened. I play it just before I got into the accident and then woke up in your body,"

'That explained a lot, maybe you're chosen by it. I've found Wuji earlier, I'm shocked that you have it.'

"It's from my grandma. Her ancestors are Lan."

'You're Lan Zhan's?'

"No, Lan Sizhui. Hanguang-jun died not long after Wei Wuxian."

'Ah, A-Yuan.' The ghost nodded. 'I forgot, Yin-jie has told me. And yeah, I made Wuji for A-Yuan.'

"I'm sorry for taking quite some time to find you here. I was waiting for someone's help to get me here without being suspicious." The ghost turned to Wave.

'Thank you.'

"Wave ge, Xiao Zhan said thank you." Wave nodded.

They stayed silent for a while. "We have to figure out how to return to our bodies." 'Zhan' said.

"Isn't this kind of thing usually resolved when its purpose has been achieved?" Wave commented.

"About that..." 'Zhan' turned to the ghost. "We're not sure but I had a hunch that it could be that this whole thing happened because you fail to find Hanguang-jun. Maybe I should help you..." The ghost stared at 'Zhan'. 'Zhan' looked down. "But I don't know how to do that."