[1]

[2016]

Bill stares down at the old photograph of him and his best friend with tears in his eyes. His best friend before IT came back. His lover. The one he was in love with. Gone. Gone forever.

[1989]

Bill Denbrough silently walks through the empty silent house to the front door.

Once he makes it out of the house he quickly grabs his bike and starts peddling as fast as he can.

Moments before Bill had decided to sneak out at one in the morning Stanley Uris called, asking Bill to come over quickly. Stanley had had a nightmare and the only person who could actually comfort him was Bill.

Bill climbed through a small window on the second floor of a large house and into Stanley's bedroom.

"Thank you.. I'm sorry for waking you up and asking you to come.." Stan stares down at his lap.

"D-don't worry about it, S-Stan.." Bill sits down on the bed and kick off his shoes, planning to stay as long as Stan needs him.

Stan looks up at Bill.

Bill turns his head to worriedly look at Stan. "W-what happened in the d-dream this time..?"

Stan sighs and scratches the back of his neck. "He came back.. and I watched him kill you. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't move. I couldn't talk. It was the worst thing I've ever dreamt."

Bill lays down and stares up at the ceiling. "I p-promise he won't come back, and if h-he does I won't die. W-we will make it out."

Stan lays down close to Bill, knowing in the morning they'll be a tangled mess of arms and legs.

"It always feels real. So. Very. Real. I can't handle it, Bill.." Stan stares up and starts to cry a little.

Bill wraps his arms tightly around Stan. "I-i know.. but I'm always h-here to help and take c-care of you."

Stan hugs Bill, with his head pressed against Bill's chest, clearly crying.

Bill stared down at the slightly shorter, smaller boy. "It'll b-be okay.. let it o-out.." Bill combs one of his hands through Stan's curls.

Stan's quiet cries soon turn into slightly louder sobs

Bill pulls Stan close and securely wraps his legs around Stan, showing Stan he's protected and everything will be okay.

Soon enough the two boys fall asleep and wake up to be a gay tangled mess.

[2016]

Bill starts to cry, wishing he could have been there to try and stop Stan.

Bill holds his head up with his hand and takes a deep breath. "It'll be okay, Bill. You'll see Stan s-sooner or later.. or never.." Bill upset and frustratedly slams his hand down on the desk.

"Get it together, Denbrough." Bill stands up and tries to go back to work on the new book he's working on. (yes, with a good ending.)

Alrighty! That was the first chapter or my sad Stenbrough fanfic! I hope you enjoyed! 💞-K