Now, they were stranded in a place where vehicles rarely pass by.

Well, Mike had to drive through a route where there are lesser people around so that the risk of anyone seeing Levi would be much fewer.

Levi lets out a sigh, getting the gist of the whole situation, "Now what? Should I call Erwin for help?"

"Let me check it first."

Mike steps out of the car and went to the front, opening up the car's front bumper to see what the problem is. It was getting hotter inside especially with the lack of air-conditioner hence why the raven-haired man also stepped out.

However, much to his dismay, he then noticed the familiar sidewalk and the buildings all around them. Slowly, it dawned to him that he has been to this place but still couldn't figure out when or how.

"Levi, can you turn your phone's flashlight? I couldn't see anything here."

Without a word, he obediently did Mike's plea and stood beside him to hold the light in place. After a few attempts in starting the engine, it eventually came into a halt when Mike finally announced the whole thing as a lost cause.

Turning to the shorter man, Mike says, "Can you call Erwin? I still need to contact Nanaba first."

"Sure." His fingers swiped through the screen of his phone, searching for Erwin's number.

The whole thing took quite a while with a calm Levi asking Erwin for help and Mike apologizing repeatedly to his girlfriend.

Erwin's deep chuckle vibrated through the other line upon hearing the dilemma they're currently in, "The mechanics would probably arrive in an hour or so. They live quite far away and they're currently eating dinner."

"That's fine. Just text me when they're on the way."

With a heavy sigh, Levi cuts the call off and turned to Mike who looked depressed more and more as time passed. The shorter man is fully aware that Mike was beyond disappointed with what has happened.

They've been friends for years, ever since the start of Levi's career. Obviously, it bothers him that his friend was acting this way despite how he looked.

"You can just grab a cab and leave the car here with me, you know?" Levi finally offered after a while.

It is certainly not a good idea. "You're a public figure. It's dangerous when someone sees you here. Plus, you'd have to talk to those mechanics."

"It's fine. I can just cover myself with the hoodie."

"You do know that's not enough." The firmness was evident in the way Mike replied with a stern look on his face.

Despite how badly he wanted to go to Nanaba, he still couldn't afford to leave Levi alone. Not just because it's part of his job but he's just genuinely concerned as a friend.

Scowling, Levi crossed his arms once again, "I'm not a kid, Mike. You know I can punch better than you right?"

"That's the point. I couldn't afford for you to get a scandal."

"Tch. Quit being shitty and get your ass to your fucking girlfriend." This time, Levi's getting agitated and annoyed. Mike is being hard-headed and overly-concerned. He's not a kid for fuck's sake. "And if anything were to happen, I can just call you."

Mike stared at him, processing everything. Sure, he appreciates the sentiment and it definitely wasn't a bad suggestion. However, the fact that he just dragged Levi out of his shell only to leave the problem at hand by himself is heavily contradicting with his conscience.