Chapter Twenty Four

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration."

The living room of the Stark family farm house was crowded with Tony's family all of them silently mourning their loss as they watched the man in question talk about his own death, a way that only Tony would be able to go out on.

Keira, Rhodey, Happy, Pepper and Bea sat side by side on the couch, little Isabella Stark, the daughter of Tony and Keira who Quinn had briefly met  sitting between them, completely unsure about why there was so many people in her house and why so many of them were crying.

Quinn Greene stood as Steve Rogers had one arm wrapped firmly around her shoulders, his other arm comforting Aquila. Clint, Bruce and Thor stood not too far away, their own eyes watching the hologram of Tony Stark walk back and forth across the living room. Peter and May Parker stood at the back of the sofa, one of Peter's hands resting on Bea's left shoulder.

"I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse, that's the reality Isabella's gonna have to find a way to grow up in."

Quinn looked up at Steve who was having a hard time keeping his emotions in check, who only squeezed her shoulder in response. These times were hard for everyone.

Although Quinn had never really had the chance to know Tony Stark as well as everyone gathered in the room did, he had effected her own life in a way that she would never get the chance to repay him for.

"So, I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting. . . In case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's. . . it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end. What am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to."

The hologram version of Tony paused for a moment, before looking straight towards where Isabella Stark was sitting in between Keira and Happy almost like he knew that was where she was going to be sitting.

"I love you 3000."

Tony flipped off the hologram on his end and the final image of Tony Stark slowly disappeared. The family that had gathered could only stand quietly for a moment, eyes never leaving the spot where Tony had just been.

Quinn sent a comforting smile in Aquila's direction as Steve led both of them out of the living room and down to the dock following Keira who held a large bed of flowers and Isabella in the other.

Everyone watched as Keira slowly lowered the bed of flowers into the lake, lying in the middle was a bright yellow diary, Keira's name scribbled across the front along with the first arc reactor that Tony had ever had with the same scripture from Pepper still around the outside.

PROOF THAT TONY STARK HAD A HEART

Rhodey, Happy and Pepper stood behind where Keira, Bea, and Isabella stood. The three of them clutching onto each other tightly, trying their best to hold back tears.

Quinn stood with Steve's left hand held firmly in her own, his other arm still around Aquila as all three of them let tears fall for their fallen friend.

Peter Parker stood not too far back from them, May Parker's arms also wrapped around her nephew's shoulders for comfort.

Bruce, Thor, Stephen Strange and Wong also stood silently in a group together, their eyes never flickering away from the lake before them.

Tour Guide | Steve Rogers ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara