ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖

Start from the beginning

That's what Y/n's mother said while she pushed the girl out the house. And now, Y/n stood, quivering timidly as she observed her surroundings. She can admit that it is a great day outside. But the outside doesn't fit the anxious and shy girl well.

"She gave me money. I guess I could go shopping and buy an ice cream." That was Y/n's plan. But with the busy streets of Sanfransokyo, she grew unsure.

Actually, she's been unsure since the get-go. She never goes outside unless she's checking for mail or coming back from school. Being bribed shouldn't be an exception! It's personal boundaries!

Y/n knocked on her door when she heard her mother, "Don't knock on that door until you finished your walk." Well, he mother probably said it more harsh or softer but now Y/n can't remember. Despite the words being clear in her head, her mother's tone wasn't.

The young teen clutched the money to her heart and bit her lip. She dug the money deep in her pocket. Finally, the girl took her first steps off the porch. And there she went, straight to her favorite ice cream shop that she would go to everyday after school.

═══ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ═══

Hiro sighs as he stared at his robot. He can hear his auntie walk up the stairs and Hiro quickly shoved the robot under his beanbag chair.

"Hey, sweetie..." Aunt Cass greets. The older woman places a platter full of food on the desk beside her nephew. She notices that the other plate of food she placed just last night hasn't been touched. She knits her brows in concern.

"Hey, Aunt Cass." Hiro returns the greeting but never once looks up at his auntie. His eyes were fixated on the ground and were in no energy to look up. In fact, Hiro had no energy to even live. All Hiro was doing was talking a few words and swinging his chair left and right slowly. It seems he won't do anything else but that until the end of times.

Even with the lack of talking, Aunt Cass kept her attempt to start a conversation, "Mrs. Matsuda's in the caf." The older woman smiles slightly, "She's wearing something super inappropriate for an 80-year old."

Hiro didn't respond to his aunt's words. He kept slouching silently in his chair while it squeaks every time he turns to the side.

"That always cracks you up." Aunt Cass knows where this is going and she gulps, sighing. This repetitive routine started  since Tadashi passed away. She stood on her tip-toes and pulled the string that connected to Hiro's blinds. The plastic turned and light entered the room.

It pains Aunt Cass to watch her now only nephew isolate himself after such tragedy. Yet she can't change it. Everyone deals with death differently.

"You should come down." Aunt Cass suggests, she smiled poorly as she held the plates at her arm. She knows what he'll say. But she's desperately trying to save her nephew.

"Maybe later."

Aunt Cass sighs again, "The university called again. It's been a few weeks since classes started." The woman forced a smile and turned her heel, already on her way to leaving Hiro alone, "But they said it's not too late to register."

"Okay. Thanks. I'll think about it." Hiro replied almost inaudible. Aunt Cass smiled from her nephew's response and left the room.

Hiro, on the other hand, gets up from the beanbag to close the blinds, letting the darkness consume him and sits on another chair. He scoots it closer to his desk and turned on his computer. Once the screen flickered from black to the open window of Bot Fighting. A notification of a new video call popped into view.