#22: Loving And Fighting

Start from the beginning

She turned around the corner and suddenly bumped into someone, causing all her books to slip off her hands and into the ground.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" she muttered as she lowered herself to pick her books from the ground.

She heard a sigh, and then the person on which she had bumped into knelt next to her and helped her pick up her stuff.

He was a tall, handsome man, with long black hair, sharp cheekbones and -as she noticed when he looked up at her- beautiful emerald eyes. He looked... educated -if one could tell if someone was educated based on their appearance.

He asked her if she needed anything. His voice was deep and beautiful -damn, what was going on with her mind? She told him she looked for the engineering department.

He gave her instructions on how to go to her department, and she left hurriedly after having thanked him more than times.

A couple of days later she met him again, that time in the library, and this was when she learnt he was a professor of English in the university. His name was Loki Odinson -"I know it's unusual", he added when he introduced himself.

"You look young to be a university professor", Y/N commented.

"I have the gift of looking younger than I am", he replied with a smirk and then focused on his task.

~End of flashback~

Y/N hummed a soft tune as she prepared the salad. It was as though there was some kind of unknown power that brought her and Loki together -they had a lot of random meetings before they hooked up.

She sighed. Why did Loki stay with her? Why did he ask from her to move in with him when he could find someone of his age, more mature and sociable? This question bothered her in a while, and she obviously didn't dare to ask him. How could she ask him anyway? "Am I really a pain in the ass and you're just looking for a chance to get rid of me?" No, that wouldn't work. And, besides, what if she was wrong? In that case, he would be hurt -and Y/N didn't want that.

At that moment, Loki got in the kitchen, wearing some casual clothes and having made his wet hair into a half-bun. He approached Y/N and, without saying anything, he began helping her lay the table.

When everything was ready, they sat down and started eating silently. Why were they so silent?

"So, what are you gonna do afterwards?" Loki asked, trying to break the ice.

Y/N shrugged.

"I guess I'll study a little bit", she answered.

Loki didn't fail to notice the melancholy in her voice. He bit his underlip as he placed his fork down, thinking whether he should bring the subject up.

"Is there anything that bothers you?" he finally asked her, looking at her sternly, "You look thoughtful".

"Huh? Oh, umm... no, I'm fine".

Loki raised his eyebrows with disbelief, then sighed softly, and his hand shot out to take hold of hers.

"You can talk to me about anything -you know that, don't you?"

Y/N pulled her hand out of his grip and supported her head in her palm, rolling her eyes.

"It's nothing".

"Oh, no, there is something, right?" Loki insisted, but then remained silent for a couple of seconds, "Did I do something wrong?" he finally asked.

"No", Loki answered a few moments later, "No, you haven't hurt me, you haven't broken my heart... Not yet. What are you waiting for? Why... why do you bear with me, Loki? There are so many people out there, more grown-up and... extroverted than me. You deserve better".