8 - Menus & Ugly Emotions.

Start from the beginning

"My aunt regularly sends like the non-gentrified versions, I'm a supplier at this point," she laughs.

"This was meant to be! I tried the original ones last year and fell in love," he explains.

Harry stares in amusement before clearing his throat to speak.

"Yeah those ones are easier to eat than the overly spiced ones," Harry says.

"Oh, I had no idea you'd know what we're talking about," Riz smirks.

"Plantain chips? They're great snacks," he shrugs.

"I mean no offence mate, I didn't pick you as the one to enjoy plantain chips," Riz laughs a little.

There's no laugh from Harry as he calmly folds his arms and shares a glance with Zara, it's a subtle glance that makes her fight a smile.

Zara looks away, deciding not to be involved.

"Just Harry, no mate or anything," he quips.

The smile leaves Riz's face as he gets the message.

"Got it. Zara made some at an event a few months back, I couldn't stop eating them," he says.

"I can tell," Harry mumbles.

"I'll just get you some plantain chips and hibiscus drink," she speaks up.

"Whoa, the full party," Riz is excited.

"Giving you a full West African treat and a reason to listen to my pitch for the menu," she laughs as she leaves them alone.

Riz smiles as he looks around the space and takes in the lovely decor.

Harry silently observes him and decides to get out his phone.

He doesn't want to be that person to hoard attention and he does not want to distract Zara as she focuses on work.

"A lot of her decor is well influenced," Riz speaks up.

"Yeah, most are from back home and family," Harry manages small talk.

"You're on hiatus right?" Riz continues.

Oh for goodness sake, stop talking already.

"Yeah, that's what I announced," he forces a smile.

"Man, how long? We'll miss your music," Riz chuckles.

"Don't worry, I won't take too long," Harry replies.

Right on cue, Zara shows up with Riz's snacks and she decides to sit down just right next to him, instead of Harry.

Harry is surprised to feel the funny feeling as she gets out her laptop from the case next to her but he fights the funny feeling.

This is just a work meeting and it's nothing serious. Riz starts on his snack and cannot help but look like he has discovered oil in this apartment.

"This is bloody great," he speaks up.

"I told you I'm a supplier," she focuses on her laptop.

"What ideas do you have for the menu?" he asks.

"I was thinking we could put my African and your Asian influence into the menu, right now their options are a little boring," she speaks up.

Zara turns the laptop to show him a makeshift menu she's designed and Harry admires her as she gets into work mode.

Riz leans closer and stares at her for an extended second, making Harry shift a little on the chair.

There's this constant nagging feeling in him and he just doesn't want to ruin everything by showing how horrible he can get when this feeling lingers.