Cersei asked where Rhaella disappeared to and why he let her get away to begin with. He didn't answer, just fabricated a story about how she'd fled the camp at the end of the siege with no indication of where she'd be going. As far as Cersei and Rhaella were concerned, Jaime wanted the two women to remain as far away from each other as possible. She was safer that way.

"Think about what I've told you about Cersei. Think of all you know about this sister you so claim to love. In the time I've known you, Cersei has done nothing but manipulate you and your emotions for her own personal gain. I have watched the way that she's hurt you. Who shunned you when you lost your hand? She did. Who remained bitter and resentful when you hid me away from the world to save House Targaryen from certain demise? She did. Despite what you believe, Jaime... You are a better man then Cersei will ever believe you to be. I've seen your honor, I know of your honorable act to save King's Landing, and the way that broken, bleeding heart of yours care for people you love. Don't let her change the very essence of what makes you who you are."

Even when she wasn't there, Rhaella's words still haunted him like the ghosts that haunted Jenny of Oldstones.

The next predicament to be met was Euron Greyjoy in the throne room. Cersei claimed that the newly appointed King of The Iron Islands was their best chance at being able to keep control of the sea while the Lannisters kept control of King's Landing and the southern most parts of Westeros, but Jaime had seen the reputation of the Greyjoys and believed in his heart of hearts that making them their allies would be a disaster when their newest King cared nothing of no one but himself and whoever he bedded that week.

His newest bedding, or so he claimed, was to be Cersei.

Jaime paid no mind to his endless japes. He'd spent so much of his life learning how to ignore other people's scrutiny, the way they groveled when he was looking at them and whispered his greatest sins behind his back. It had been Brienne and Rhaella to teach him about his own self-worth, how the opinions of the many didn't matter compared to the opinions of the few, the ones closest to his heart. Brienne. Rhaella. Cer-

No. No. He needed to stop caring what his sister thought of him.

"In my experience, the best way to a woman's heart is with a gift. If I was able, I'd bring you a half dead Targaryen princess and lay her at your feet." Jaime froze, his eyes snapping over to Euron who was staring at him with such a pleasurable, amused gaze. "Unfortunately, nobody in this country seems to know where Rhaella Targaryen is! How ironic, considering she was last seen with your brother before she fled from the siege at the Twins. What a shame. I'm sure that would earn your trust quickly. But until I find that gift for you, I will not return to King's Landing."

When Jaime went to his chambers that night, he prayed for the first time in what felt like centuries.

***

Daenerys' breath caught as the shape of Dragonstone Keep loomed in the distance. It had been a long journey to get here, but now that she was here, it was almost impossible to believe that it was real. Her advisors and friends sat in the boat behind her as the Unsullied rowed closer and closer to shore, her dragons roar in the distance shattering the roll of the waves against the belly of the boat.

Her brow furrowed when she caught sight of two blonde girls not much younger then she was lugging a large assorted net of fish inland after what looked to be a successful fishing excursion. "Tyrion.'' Daenerys said to her Hand. "I thought you said no one was here." Tyrion peered around the Dragon Queen and grimaced as the two girls collapsed in the sand side by side, their laughter echoing in the air as their dinner lay at their feet.