BONUS CHAPTER FOUR: At Your Feet

I can't believe I've finally managed to write more for this fic four years after it's been completed, LOL. Hope you guys like it! 

Prompt: If Cersei Won.... 

It's like something straight out of his worst nightmares. Jaime wakes after the morning of their marriage in the Godwood to find his bed empty, the warm space that was once occupied with his wife's body now cold. Rhaella hasn't been there in quite some time.

He finds out later from Brienne that she left on dragon back to beat him to Cersei.

Of course she did.

The trip to get to King's Landing is perilous and exhausting. He fights nightmares the entire way there, tossing and turning as Cersei and Rhaella's faces haunt him. All Jaime wants to do is put his sister's memory at rest. He wants to stop being tortured by her. Having his identity stripped by her.

So when he dreams, he tries to shift them into something happier. Into Rhaella's smile and laughter and their first time together. Into when she coerced him onto dragon back and he'd screamed bloody murder when Rhaegal took off through the clouds. Into sunshine. Into life.

He contemplates his own life the rest of the way down the King's Road to the Capital. The Dragon Queen is already wreaking havoc on the citizens of King's Landing by the time he arrives, and it's easy to blend in once he's rid of the gold hand and concealed by the hood of his cloak.

It's easy to blend into the crowd when he too looks like another innocent about to be victim of dragon fire. There are Dothraki screams and Unsullied everywhere. Jaime even thinks he catches a glimpse of Arya Stark, quiet as a shadow, in the company of Sandor Clegane as he presses toward the Red Keep.

He barely catches the glint of dragon scales before he's diving into the chaos inside.

***

He's too late.

By the time Jaime kicks open the door to the Throne Room, Rhaella is charging forward with Keeper in her embrace toward where Cersei sits on the Iron Throne. His sister looks.. smug. She's sitting there on the Iron Throne with her ankles crossed, hands neatly folded in her lap.

He's too late.

By the time Rhaella realizes Jaime is there, the Dragon Princess has just enough time to gaze at him over her shoulder before it happens. Jaime screams as the concealed blade emerges from Cersei's sleeve and plunges itself into the soft flesh of her belly. She's not wearing armor. There's nothing there to protect her.

There's nothing there to keep her from being another one of the fallen in Cersei's game. Another pawn taken off the board.

Jaime is screaming as Rhaella collapses, trembling fingers pressed to her abdomen to staunch the flow of blood caused by the wound.

I'm hurt. I'm hurt, I don't...

Jaime can barely feel the touch of her fingers grazing his cheek. His eyes are blurred with tears, barely able to see the blue eyes staring back up at him, and he simply lays his own bloodied hand over her own before it's falling back to her side.

Her fingerprints will stain him forever.

Cersei flashes him a venomous grin, all sharp teeth and bloodied skin as she utters two words while Jaime holds his dying wife.

"I win."