Get Geeked

Ever since Stokeley's party I've been keeping to myself

Ever since Stokeley's party I've been keeping to myself. I told Coolie I left because I had a family emergency. For the past two weeks, I've been doing nothing but going to school and coming straight home. Coolie comes to visit me some times to keep me company. But other than that I've been distancing myself from others. 

I was getting ready for school and I didn't really care about my appearance today. I wore a gray Nike hoodie with gray joggers to match and my all white af1. I didn't care about my hair in the slightest so I just ran my fingers through it to make it look presentable. I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs. My dad was cooking breakfast and I was intoxicated by the smell. I sat down at the island.

"Here ya go ladybug," my dad said placing a plate full of food in front of me. 

"Thanks," I said taking a bite of my pancake.

"You okay? I've noticed you've been acting different lately. If anyone is messing with you I swear I'll kill-"

"I'm fine dad," I said cutting him off and laughing. 

"You sure?" he said raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'm sure," I said reassuring him.

"Okay just checking in with you. You know you're all I got since your mother passed," he said sending me a sad smile. 

"Yeah I know," I said moving a piece of egg around on my plate. I had suddenly lost my appetite at the thought of my mother. She had passed away three years ago in a car accident. I miss her every day and my life hasn't been the same without her. I'd do anything to have her back.

"So where has Stokeley been? I haven't seen him in forever," my dad said turning around back towards the stove. My dad and Stokeley had a great relationship. My dad even told me he likes Ski more than Steve which I found surprising because I thought he would have an opposite reaction. Sometime Stokeley would come over and spend more time with my dad than me which I found odd. My dad sees him as the son he never had.

"We're not talking right now," I said rolling my eyes and taking a sip of my orange juice.

"Well why not?" he said turning around and looking at me with concerned eyes.

"We had an argument," I said shrugging my shoulders. Over these last few days, I had become numb when talking about Stokeley. It didn't phase me anymore.

"About?" my dad said pushing me to continue.

" I don't really want to talk about him right now," I said sighing.

"Okay understandable. But if you guys truly care about each other like you say you do then you two will work it out," he said sending me a smile.

I smiled back at him still feeling awkward by the conversation. I felt my phone buzz indicating I received a notification. I check it and it was a text from Coolie telling me he was outside. I told my dad goodbye and that I love him before grabbing my bag and leaving out the house. I hopped into Coolie's car and was greeted by the smell of weed.