Chapter 12: Stand By You.

Start from the beginning

    "Nicknames.. Personally I think Garrison should have the nickname Anthony, it really rolls off the tongue, and-"

    "Not a chance." Harry chimes, and he snuggles his head into his daughter softly. "I actually had an idea.." He tells me. "But so did you so go ahead." He tells me, and I look down to Garrison who is lightly sucking on the tip of my finger now, his eyes growing heavy as he rests in my arms.

    "Grey for him... We always called my dad Gary, but I don't want that to be his nickname.. I think Grey is better." I tell him, watching my son fall asleep.

    "I love it darlin... God what I'd do to have your daddy here right now.." My mom puts her hand over her chest, and I see her eyes well up, but she doesn't cry, just watches both of her grandkids.

    "I love it too...I just figured we'd call her G.. Simple and easy." He tells me, obviously talking about Grace.

    "Ellie Bug I love you so much.. And Harry I love you too, you're like I son to me you know that?" She asks, and Harry smiles.

    "You gave me the best thing that's ever happened to me... I love you more than you know Suz." He gives a soft laugh, and I smile at his words. He just lets things like that fall from his mouth as if it's not heart warming, and sentimental. He doesn't even realize it.

    "Ellie bug.." Harry looks at me, and then softly rubs the girl perched on his shoulder. "Little bug." He mumbles as looks to our daughter, and my heart actually turns into a puddle. My mom loses it too, her mouth opening into a gasp which is covered by her hand. "How's it sound? You like that little bug?" He asks Grace softly, but she stays asleep on his shoulder.

    "I just need you to know... You've written song and song about El, but that is by far the cutest shit you have ever said, and I will stand by that till I die." Anthony mumbles, perching his head up on his hand. We sit for a few moments, basking in the warmth of the room, and I hear a stomach grumble.

    "I'm going to go get something to eat... Do you want anything?" My mom asks, and I shake my head no, Harry doing the same.

    "I'm going to come with you." Anthony mumbles, winking at me, knowing I've hardly had time to be with Harry since having the twins. Both of them walk out of the room, and I turn to Harry. I watch the way he holds her, the way he holds her is the sweetest thing. The way he mumbles to her constantly, saying the kindest things, always telling her how much he loves her. They always say everything changes after you hold your kids, but I never thought it would be like this. It feels like we were put in a new world, put in a new life...

    "Who were you on the phone with?" I ask softly, knowing both of the twins are asleep.

    "It was nothing... How are you... Are you tired... You seem tired.." He mumbles, sitting himself up, and moving his chair closer to me.

    "Im- Harry... Who was on the phone?" I ask, wanting answers.

    "I don't want to worry you or stress you out... Everything is fine darling." He smiles at me, moving his free hand to mine, running his hand over my knuckles.

    "Harry..." I mumble, and he sighs, sitting back in his chair, softly moving Grace in his arms so he's cradling her instead of holding her on his shoulder.

    "I should know you better than to think you're just going to let something go." He sighs out. Grace rolls, moving herself a bit. "Shhh little bug, S'alright." He whispers. Little bug... so fucking cute my heart could burst.

    "Who was on the phone?" I ask again, and he looks up at me.

    "The police." He mumbles, and I furrow my brows. "Someone tried to break into the house in London. They weren't successful, and they were caught. Nothing was harmed, everything is fine, but they think the one who tried to break in is the same person who..." His voice drops off, and my muscles tense.