Chapter 4: Teased

Start from the beginning

"What about you, Onii-san?" Taro asked as he turned his head towards the older boy, "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Taiji burst out into laughter as her older brother awkwardly scratched his neck, not knowing what to tell the younger boy. Poor Taro had no idea why Taiji was laughing or why Takashi was stuttering all over the place.

Taiji regained her composure after her laughing fit and turned to her younger brother, she patted the poor boy's head again.

"It seems that Onii-san he doesn't have a girlfriend," Taiji told Taro while smirking at her older brother.

"Wait, did you call him 'Kuroo'?!" Takashi yelled, trying to pull the attention away from himself.

Their mother watched as her kids bantered with each other, wishing their father could be there to watch them.

Kuroo

Kuroo covered his face in embarrassment as Kenma told everyone about Kuroo's crush, exploiting every single detail that he knew. Kenma was ruthlessly making fun of Kuroo all while he was playing a game on his phone, not even giving his full attention.

Kuroo's grandmother chuckled at the things Kenma revealed, she knew that Kuroo really liked Taiji, but she didn't know that her son was absolutely head over heels for her, or the fact that she was also a captain of the girls' team.

"She seems like a really nice girl, Kuroo," Kenma's mother comforted as she saw the poor captain's embarrassed face.

Kuroo smiled at Mrs. Kozume, The girl was so much more than just 'nice',

"I agree," Kuroo's grandfather added. He could read the tall bedhead's expression, the girl obviously meant so much more to him.

After chatting for a little while more, Kenma and his mother returned to their own home, Kuroo also quickly retreated back to his room to do his homework. He sat at his desk, staring at his notebook for almost 20 minutes, but unfortunately was still unable to focus.

His mind was still wandering towards Taiji and her adorable laugh. The way she took deep breaths to calm herself down, but eventually still failed as she giggled again.

Kuroo quickly reached for his phone and searched for her contact.

'Taeko Taiji'

"Why'd she put such a formal contact?" Kuroo wondered out loud, " I didn't even put my name on her phone,"

He quickly changed the name to something of his choice,

'Pretty Captain'

Satisfied with the contact name, he quickly sent her a text.

'Hey ;)'

Taiji

Taiji's phone buzzed as she was studying, the female captain quickly fished the phone out of her bag and looked at the message she received.

Texts from: Handsome Captain

"Handsome captain?" Taiji read aloud the contact name, "I don't know any-"

Taiji stopped her sentence once it hit her, that rooster-head had put in his contact earlier, and she didn't check what he had put. She just assumed that he would put a normal name, but unfortunately, she should have known that there wasn't much 'normal' when it came to him.

Taiji rolled her eyes at the tall boy's sense of humor, she quickly thought of a better name for the male captain,

'Bedhead Captain'

She changed his contact and quickly opened his text,

Bedhead Captain: Hey

She smiled at his text.

Me: Hey stranger ( ^_^)/

A few seconds passed as

Bedhead Captain: I assume you noticed the name I put?

Taiji grinned, unsure if she should tell him,

Me: I've noticed, but unfortunately it's been changed 

A few more seconds passed after she sent the message,

Bedhead Captain: What?! Whyy?

Taiji laughed at his dramatic response,

Me: I didn't think it suited you, you're more of a 'Bedhead Captain' rather than a 'Handsome Captain' 

Bedhead Captain: Why are you so mean to me? 

Me: Am I? (・`ω'・)

Bedhead Captain: o(`ー')9

Taiji laughed as their conversation slowly unfolded as the night went on, slowly breaking the walls that blocked Kuroo from befriending the female captain.

The two of them were completely unaware of how much impact they would bring to each other's life, along with the damage that they could do to break each other.