Chapter 2: Happiness

KUROO'S POV

Thursday's practice was just as usual, Lev had his ass handed to him, Kenma slacked off every chance he could, Yaku was yelling at the first years, and Yamamoto was being loud.

But I found my mind wandering, towards a certain captain. It's nothing new because I've had a crush on her since we were first years, but I've never found a way to befriend her, up until now.

It was Monday evening. (Flashback)

Practice had just ended and I decided to pass by the girls' gym court. I heard balls being received and smashed, a sound that I had grown to love over the years.

Until I heard her name,

"TAI SENPAI!"

I immediately perked up, was it her?

"Taiji-san?" My mind wandered,

The sound of the ball being set and smashed followed, a roar of happy shouts were heard.

"Nice kill, Senpai!" A voice called out,

"Thanks!"

That was her voice,

Taiji's voice

I peeked into the gym through the window. The girls were crowding around a certain figure, her.

She was dressed in a pair of black shorts and a red shirt, her long hair tied up into a ponytail, sweat was dripping from her neck.

And at that moment,

She looked perfect.

She was smiling as her teammates were smacking her shoulders. Judging by the way they stood, they were having a 5v5. She obviously had just won the set for the team, as the team members were jumping around.

"Alright girls, that concludes the mixed 5v5 for today!" Taiji called out as the team members cooled down, "We'll have a seniors vs juniors 5v5 on Thursday!"

"She's a captain?!" I was surprised,

"Don't hope that we'll go easy on you!" Taiji reminded her juniors.

Her teammates laughed at her statement and they started clearing the gym.

I quickly walked away from the gym and headed to the gate, where Kenma was waiting.

3rd person POV

"Kuroo, stop smiling like that," Kenma stated plainly, "You look like that cat from Alice in the Wonderland"

Kuroo paid no attention to what Kenma mentioned, "I just found a way to befriend Taiji-san,"

This caught Kenma's attention, "The one you had a crush on since you were a—"

"Yes," Kuroo stated, slapping a hand over poor Kenma's mouth, "But you can't just say it out like that!"

Kenma pushed Kuroo's hand away from his face, "Why?"

Kuroo's cheeks were dusted pink, "Because someone might hear you and it's embarrassing!"

Kenma rolled his eyes at his friend, he had never seen Kuroo act this way before. Kuroo had always been a calm and collected person, but when it came to things about her, the tall bedhead was all over the place.

The two boys slowly made their way to the train station, Kenma was busy playing a game while Kuroo was staring at the sunset sky, thinking about Taiji.