Chapter 38- Champions Return

The next morning, everyone was still talking about the incredible, unprecedented victory of Cruz Ramirez, Fudge Rossi-Topolino and Lightning McQueen, much to Jackson Storm's dismay. Not that anybody else really cared. Everyone else continued to chatter about the newcomers excitedly.

How did Cruz Ramirez and Fudge Rossi-Topolino spend most of that morning, though? Sleeping! Their friends and family had all gone off to have some breakfast and answer phone calls that were coming in to request interviews with Dinoco's newest racers, leaving them to sleep.

"They must be exhausted after such a big night", Lightning pointed out.

It wasn't until 10:34 that Cruz stirred. The first thing she noticed was that all of the others were gone, except for Fudge, who was still asleep. The yellow car wasn't sure what to do, so she parked there in silence for a couple of minutes, relieved when Fudge woke up.

Cruz smiled at her. "Mornin'!"

"Mornin'!" Fudge mumbled sleepily, not bothering to open her eyes.

"I had the most amazing dream last night!" Cruz announced.

"Me too", Fudge yawned, rolling over to face Cruz. "My dream was awesome!"

"I had a dream Mr. McQueen put us in the Florida 500 and we won the race!"

Fudge's eyes widened as she sat up. "I had the same dream!"

"It was so cool!" Cruz exclaimed.

"Even cooler", Lightning piped up, coming into the room, "it wasn't a dream!" He gestured to the trophy that was lying close to Cruz.

Both young women grinned.

"Thank Chrysler!" Fudge exclaimed, putting on her glasses. "I was worried it was a dream!" She sighed. "That's the problem with good dreams. You wake up, disappointed that it's not real. Then there's bad dreams and they're never fun!"

"Yeah", Lightning sighed, remembering his nightmares and Fudge waking up screaming and crying after having a bad dream. Then he brightened all of a sudden. "Well, if you want, we were gonna go to a coffee shop down the street for brunch. Wanna join us?"

"Sure", Cruz and Fudge agreed in unison.

So, Fudge got dressed and the two followed Lightning.

"All right! Let's go! After brunch, we got a lot of work to do!"

That day was pretty insane. A majority of it was spent doing interviews and responding to requests for interviews.

"Roy Gauge and Ericka Dent from Under the Hood want to do an interview with us!" Fudge exclaimed excitedly.

"When?" Lightning wanted to know.

"Next week before the next race."

"We can do that."

"Awesome!"

"And we've still got one more thing left to do while we're in Florida", Lightning announced.

"What's that?"

The stock car smiled mysteriously. "You'll find out tomorrow..."

"Should I be worried?" Fudge giggled.

"Maybe..."

As it turned out, she didn't need to be worried. Her eyes widened and she broke out into a huge grin when she saw where they were.

"DISNEY WORLD!"

"That's right!" Lightning confirmed. "I figured since we never got to go to Disneyland after the race in Los Angeles last season, we could go to Disney World here."