I had a lovely lunch with my friends. I really missed them and it was great that we still got to hang out every now and then. Victoria asked if we were doing something later, of course I had nothing to do, and miraculously neither did Emma and Isabella, so Vic invited us over to her house to hang out and watch movies. Just like the old times. There was just one slight problem, I still hadn't told her about me and Niall talking, and he told me that he'd call me before his show, what was I going to do? It's not like I could brush it off like I was just talking to a regular guy, because let's face it, they'll be weirded out when I start talking on the phone in english, since we're in Mexico and we speak Spanish. Guess I'll have to go and hide in the bathroom or something when he calls. And I know I'm being to conceited when I say that he'll call me, but ever since that first time when he'd told me that he'd talk to me tomorrow and he actually did, there hasn't been a single time in which he'd tell me that he would call or text me and then forgot to. So that's why I'm a 100% sure he'll call. 

We spent all afternoon just hanging, gossiping about other people who used to go to college with us, watching Clueless for like the 100th time and munching on snacks. The afternoon went by pretty fast, and before I knew it, it was already 6:45, which meant that Niall would call me any minute now, since his show started at 8 and it was already 7:45 in Nashville. And just as if on cue, my phone started vibrating in my pocket. Show's on. 

"Hey Vic, my mom's calling. I'll go take the call in your room." I announced. Because let's face it, no one asks for permission when you're in your best friends' house. Thank god we were in the living room and her parents and brother weren't home. That meant that no one would bother me during my call and hear me speak in english. 

"Sure." She responded without looking up from the TV. I quickly bolted to her room and threw myself on the bed before answering his face time call.

"Hey Nialler, how was soundcheck?" I asked using his nickname.

"It went great, everything works perfectly fine. Hey, where are you? That's not your room." He spoke as he studied my surroundings.

"Stalker much? You've only seen my room one time." I exclaimed. 

"I did come off a bit stalkerish didn't I? Sorry."

"It's okay. I was just messing with you. I'm at my best friends house. They're all watching a movie in the living room, I'm hiding in her room so I can talk to you." I explained.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know. I'll leave you so you can be with them then."

"No." I exclaimed almost a bit too quickly. "I like talking to you, I've been waiting all afternoon. And besides, we've already hung out all afternoon and they're watching a movie I've seen a thousand times." I could see that he was blushing.

"I've been waiting all afternoon to talk to you too." 

We talked for another five minutes until I could hear that they were calling his name, announcing that he had 3 minutes to be up on stage. That meant that we needed to hang up, right about now.

"I've got to go. Thank you for talking to me Soph, just hearing your voice helps me relax."

"I like talking to you as well. You'll have a great show, you're amazing. Break a leg Nialler!"

"I think that only applies to theater kids."

"Aww come one, just accept my compliment." I argued.

"Thank you Soph. I'll call you when I'm done and let you know how it went."

"Good luck, have a great show. Talk to you later."

"Byee Soph. Talk to you in a bit."

"Bye." I called before he hung up. And a second later Vic came bursting through the door, without even knocking, it was her room, but still, she could knock.

"Everything okay?" She inquired.

"Yeah, my mom just needed help, you know how she's around computers and she absolutely needed to print something urgently, or so she said. But I'm all done." Phew, that was a close one. And I couldn't believe just how natural the lying came to me. I even scared myself sometimes. But it was good that I was so great at lying if my friendship with Niall was going to continue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! How are you enjoying the story so far? How cute is Niall? I just love him. Do you see them becoming more than friends? I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts!