Chapter 14: Beach Paradise // Pt. 3

We softly drift off to sleep as we dream sweet dreams

What is this cozy feeling that embraces me? I slightly open my eyes

You whisper “I love you” into my ears and hug me

Whenever you softly fall asleep, you come to me sweetly

Every night in my dreams, you hold me close and don’t let go

_____________________________________________________________

Fujiwara braved herself and knocked the door of room 133. They had been dating for over a year but the most skin contact they've ever had was holding hands. Not that she was shy or anything. She knew Ushijima was uncomfortable with PDA so she decided to keep with the hand-holding.

The door opened and there was Ushijima standing in front of her shirtless. Fujiwara forced herself to keep her eyes locked on his face. "What are you doing here?" He asked her. "Why? Aren't you happy to see me?" she replied, irritated. "No, I-" he started. "I was forced by Mako and Yumi. They made me swap rooms. I didn't even get the time to change my clothes. I can't sleep in this," she said, referring to the maxi dress she was wearing as she walked into the room. She noticed the room was moderately neat considering Mako's tendancy to mess things up everywhere he went.

"Why don't you go back and get something to change into?" Ushijima asked. "I don't want to see whatever they're doing in there," she replied. "So you're staying here tonight, huh," "Yep." Silence. "Here, you can wear this," he said, handing her a shirt. "But it's yours..." she trailed off. Wearing your boyfriend's shirt does sound pretty romantic, I guess, she thought to herself. She took the shirt and went to change.

Fujiwara sat on the bed with her back against the wall. She watched Ushijima as he lay on his bed with one arm behind his head and the other holding a book. She walked across and laid herself down next to him.

"What are you doing?" He asked her with a slight edge in his voice. "It's called cuddling. It's what couples do. You're supposed to hug me," she said calmly. After a few moments, Fujiwara heard a small sigh and felt the tension leave Ushijima's body as he put an arm around her.

"So what are we going to do tomorrow? Tsubomi wants to take a walk around town. Maybe try some local food. Is that alright with you?" She asked him, trying to start a conversation. "Yeah, okay," he replied. They continued talking as they stayed in each other's embrace for the rest of the night. Soon, Fujiwara felt Ushijima's steady breath against her ear and she too, began to drift to sleep.

________________________________________________________

This was one of my favourite chapters to write so I hope you all enjoyed it! <3