Chapter 6: Reunion // Pt. 1

What are you thinking? Only after I ask twice, you look at me

Once again, you give me an answer that's not really an answer

Maybe it's gonna rain tomorrow

You look out the window again

These days, I see a lot of your side profile

You let out a sigh and I freeze up in the overflowing silence

Thinking bad things that I shouldn't be thinking

__________________________________________________________________________

After hours of debating with herself, Fujiwara settled with wearing the lacy crop top she bought the day before and a pair of blue shorts. She brought along a jacket in case it got cold. It was 6:30 p.m. By the time she left the hotel. Thankfuly the taxi driver knew where the restaurant was, though it took some time to get there because of the traffic.

Even though she was only 15 minutes late, the restaurant was already full of all her old classmates. The place was reserved specially for the reunion. When she stepped in, all eyes were on her. She was unsure of what to do so she did the only logical thing. "Sorry I'm late!" Fujiwara said with an embarrassed smile. The restaurant erupted in scattered applause, screams and shouts of joy. Fujiwara was buried under all her friends. She felt so happy to be with the people who were with her all those years ago. "We were beginning to worry you wouldn't show up," said Yumi. The friend squealed as she unwrapped her present, a silk scarf. "This must have cost a fortune!" Yumi exclaimed, marveling at the beauty of the scarf. Fujiwara smiled then went around to give her other friends their gifts. "THANK YOU!" they said in unison, attacking her with hugs.

When everyone settled, they started ordering the food. And beer. Boy, was there a lot of beer. Especially for the guys. Fujiwara chatted with all her friends excitedly. She felt happier than ever being with all of them.

"What's it like living in another country?"

"Do you have a big house there, too?"

"Are there lots of handsome guys?"

"Got a boyfriend yet?"

An array of questions were directed at her. In between all the noise of people catching up with each other, the door slipped open and someone walked in. "Sorry I'm late," said Ushijima as everybody stared at him with gaping mouths and wide eyes.