11. Fly to your dreams bubble..

💜29th March 2020💜

"Muradh, stop licking that.. I saw you.." Imani called out frustrated.

"I think it just needs a bit more salting bubbles, I was just checking them you know.. " Muradh murmured, the tip of his ears suffused in red, embarrassed at being caught..

"They dont need checking they just need to be left alone.." she frowned at him.

"Suits me just fine" he shrugged walking away from the kitchen while Imani let out her suppressed giggles.

Muradh causes more damages in the name of helping than actually helping. They were hosting dinner for Muradh's best friend along with his wife, who had missed their wedding function.

Imani had taken upon herself, the task of preparing dinner rather than trusting the restaurants to deliver and Muradh was "helping her" by barging into the kitchen every other minute and checking which dish needs salting or not..

Setting the dinner table for four proved to be a tedious task to Imani than the actual trouble of preparing the dishes..

Walking downstairs after a shower in an off-white pants and a purple cotton top paired with matching shawl around her neck, Imani frowned looking at the dinner table.

"Muradh, does this seem to be in order? She asked for the umpteenth time.

"Yes yes yes.. it is trust me, Hima is the only civilised one out of our two guests she is sure to be impressed of your culinary skills meanwhile Aadil is more of a uncivilized monkey that would gobble up whatever you put in his plate bubbles.." Muradh huffed clearly annoyed.

"Muradh.. Language.. respect.. " Imani chided when they heard a car honking madly by their gate..

"You see why I called him a monkey? He's got the patience of a monkey having a c section" he laughed having made his point and dashed madly to open the gate...

Dinner that night was a very pleasant affair. Being on the runaway, from the society and the typical people it hosted, Imani took pride in stamping herself an introvert whole her life actually enjoyed the company of Hima and Aadil thoroughly..

Despite Muradh calling him a monkey Aadil seemed a pretty decent soul while Imani fell in love with Hima at their first exchange of words. With a charming smile and her little baby bump she radiated sweet vibes all around and clicked with Imani just like old buddies..

Imani was doing the dishes when Muradh walked in with a scowl on his face,with having bid farewell to Aadil and Hima just minutes ago..

"That wasn't cool bubbles.." he whined hurling himself up on the kitchen counter.
"What wasn't Muradh.." Imani questioned back innocently..
"Telling Aadil that I referred to him as a monkey wasnt totally cool woman..my best friend sure is one but still it wasn't cool" he rolled his eyes..

Muradh has taken to tease Imani when Hima commented that she doesnt talk much and as a pay back she had accidentally let slip to the couple that Muradh's nickname for his best friend. The let slip actually came in handy as Aadil has transpired that he loved to call Muradh Boss baby ironical to his fierce nature.

"It was totally cool Muradh or else I would never had known the boss baby existing within you.." she teased sprinkling water on his scowling face which turned out red on reference to his secret name..

"Hey Imani.. I'm not the boss baby.. he's been hit in the-" he began
"Whatever floats your boat Muradh.." Imani laughed cutting his banter short..

"Hmph.. he growled.."whatever.. here this is for you.." saying this he plucked out an envelope from the pockets of his track pants and handed it to her..

"What is it?" Imani questioned curiously drying her hands in a tea towel..

"See for yourself " he grinned..

Going through the contents on the letter, Imani's heart took on a bewildered leap.
"Admission letter for the last year for the completion of my degree..Muradh but.. but.. how did you know?"

"It wasnt that hard wifey.. I just tracked your ruddy friend we met at the mall and I derived all the details from him" he frowned playfully while she scowled back at him.

"Sorry bubbles.. " Muradh took on a serious tone.. " sorry I didnt know that you had to discontinue your studies for our wedding.. I promise you lest had I known I wouldn't have agreed for this in the first place..I was told that you quit school early and was simply at home.."

Imani nodded.. trust on her aunts and dad to pull this stunt.

Since her marriage.. her college life and studies seemed so distant that it appeared to be a part of someone else's life not her own.. now with the admission letter in her hand, to complete her degree, it seemed to be so tantalising that a part of her mind secretly feared that she would wake up and this would all be a dream.

"But why Muradh? Why? " she asked in a meek voice looking anywhere but him.

"You mean why I wanted you to continue your studies rather than do the laundry at home?" He asked her amused at her question.

"Because I want you to pursue your dreams bubbles.. I know how bad it hurts to live with regret..I know how it is to live with drowning dreams.. I know how it feels to be chained when all you want is to fly.. besides I have some selfish reason for this too.. I badly wanted to prove that our marriage is not a contract.. I dont want you to be chained to this bond.. I want you to walk upon the steps you laid to pursue your identity..when a day comes I'm not around you, with Allah's grace I believe your identity will lift you up.. be your own person bubbles.. " he finished smiling..

Being speechless she merely nodded, overwhelmed with insurmountable amount of gratitude towards almighty and a rush of love towards Muradh her eyes glazed over.. threatening to spill her heart in the form of tears..

"Now now.. it isnt time for tears tigress.." he hugged her while Imani bound her arms around his torso tight..

"Fly to your dreams bubble.. I'll walk around together with you.. no matter how far we have to travel.. together will make it.." he whispered into her hair smiling widely..

Assalamu alaikum w.w everyone..

How are you all?

Liked the chapter? I would very much like to hear you views on our guys..

Besides you all are at home right? Safe and sound..

Please please please stay at home and do a favour for the world and for yourself..

Love..
Marwa..👑

Until next time.. Allah hafiz lovelies..