Chapter 1: Trista

"Then the dragons blessed us people of Sigma with their powers. Fire, Ice, Water, Light, Shadow, Air, and Earth for protecting them from the Asgardian dragon hunters. Nowadays we call these people elemental."

I groan, "And then the wars started, which leads us to where we are now. Fire against ice." I sigh, "Mom I already know this story and I am almost fifteen, do I really need a bedtime story?"

Mom just smiled and pulled a couple strands of my dark brown hair behind my ear. "If you don't want to be treated like a child then you need to stop doing childish things."

I was about to start protesting, but mom was having none of it and just got up, turned off my light, and walked out closing the door behind her.

I sigh, I am not a child, Aj is a child. I let myself fall back on my bed to try and get at least some sleep for our meeting with the Asgardian ruler tomorrow, or the new one technically. They had a shift in power not too long ago. All I know is that anything is better than the Lightning head who was ruling. I roll on to my side to try to fall asleep which has been pretty unsuccessful since the incident that left a gaping hole in my stomach to where I gave my hand to The Horseman Of Death. As if on cue a gloved hand from behind me wrapped around my mouth to prevent me from screaming.

"Hello Trista, still trying to sleep I see." I knew that voice with his sweet gentlemen accent, or at least I think it is.

I roll back over and sit up, the hand releasing my mouth. "Hi Isaac," I say half sighing. "Why are you here...again?"

"My job is to keep an eye on you, remember?" He says in an almost joking way. "So when will you start listening to me?"

"Maybe when you stop coming into my room at midnight." I shot back at him.

There was a pause before Isaac began again, "You know this is the only time I can actually talk to you, with the war and all the freaking paperwork to go along with it."

I chuckle at his misery, "I didn't think death would have paperwork to do, I thought that was the devil's job."

"Most of it is, but all death paperwork goes to me. Anyway enough about my job how's being a demon going so far?"

I flinch at the word demon, I still don't like to think of myself as a demon. "It is going ok, I guess."

"So none of your family knows still." I nod and I hear him sigh, "Well at least you need to tell your mom, so I don't feel her wrath."

"Right, so I get it?"

"Yep," he says before disappearing into the night.