Mor's jaw tightened and she rose. "What do you need me to do?" she asked Amren, Cassian and Az echoing the same thing, their eye still on me, waiting for me too look at them. "Can someone get Gawain. I need to see him again, if things don't go well- "But Cassian's and Azriel's snarls cut me off. "Do not start down that road Rhys. Cauldron boil me Rhys, but I am not letting you die on me. You are not leaving your son. Don't give him the same childhood as us. Without parents. Always weighted with the burden of that power, both his and the power you and Feyre will transfer to him if you die." I had only so rarely seen this type of rage come from Cassian, but I didn't flinch, I didn't even blink as I stared him down, but I let him continue. "Don't do that to us. We will find her Rhys, but you both need to hang in there, if not for our sake, then for G." his words sunk in and as if I wished it, G comes through the doors, held by Elain and Nesta in tow. I smiled, genuinely smiled and reached for him. I held him in my arms as he wrapped his tiny hands around my neck and gave me a hug. My new favorite thing he learned recently.

"Mama Mama" he began. A couple weeks ago he began to mumble and after repeating word after word to him, he had said mama first. Mama's boy he was. The rest of the family it seemed had placed bets. Az, Nesta and Amren it seems lost after they though he would say Dada. Feyre was beyond ecstatic but it wasn't soon after that he learned Dada. Along with banana, fruit, and toy.

My heart broke at the words, tears rising to my eyes, to hell with anyone who saw. "Mama's coming G" and I kissed him on the cheek. But he began crying and I did the only thing that would calm him down. I opened my hand and let a little ball of night radiate, staying above my palm. He giggled and ran his tiny hands through the small ball, as much as I could muster right now. I glanced up to find my family them looking at G, tears in their own eyes, Even Cassian and Az. Even Nesta who never showed emotion, and while Amren was the only one who didn't, she was as close to tears as I had ever seen from her. Changed indeed. They all nodded at me, the hidden meaning behind it, I knew that whatever happened to me they would take care of G, they would raise him as their own, loved. Not like how we were raised, not at all. And a part of me inside relaxed, felt ok to let him go if I needed to.

I was about to open my mouth to Amren, to ask what else the orb told her when G spoke again. "Mama" he giggled, still looking at the ball of night in my hand, getting dimmer by the second, my energy levels reaching the bottom. I studied him under furrowed brows. He began to giggle more, and his hands waved through the inky night image more. "Mama Mama". "Shit- "Cassian breathed. I shot him a look and he grimaced. "Amren" I began but she replied faster than I could continue. "I'm already on it".

There's was nothing we could do. Nothing as we watched Amren with her orb, with the creature inside it. Nothing anyone could do when the ball of night in my hand finally flickered out. The magic inside me completely drained. Panic began to grow in the pit of my stomach. I wanted to barf. There wasn't much of me left. And my family new it. Amren new it. Her hands worked quicker as she turned pages of the book and wrote things down in an unknown language. Mor took G from me as if she knew I could barely hold him anymore, I could barely hold myself on this stool. Gawain began crying hysterically. "Mama Mama" he cried. But there was nothing we could do. Az's shadows didn't even help. Mor rocked him but to no use. And there it was, his wings again. And......and. I couldn't believe my eyes. I blinked again to see if it was a trick of my eyes but no, it was inky black radiating off of him, pooling at his feet. I stumbled out of the chair and there, I could see inside the night, deep behind the stars, I would have missed her if it wasn't for the pull between us as strong as it had been since she disappeared. But there was no mistaking her, it was Feyre.

I wanted to pull her out, but I had no magic left, none. I was barely holding on as it was. I had no control over my night powers. Feyre and G are the only other two people on this world that have those powers. Both were not able to use it. G was still crying in Mors arms, the pool of darkness skittering over our feet. "Keep him crying" I said to Mor. And feeling more like myself than I had in hours I turned to Amren. "I can't get her out, my magic is gone. How do we get her out?" Hope, it was blind hope fueling me. Amren's eyes shimmered as she thought, and her jaw tightened. "Mor I'll need your help." Mor gave a still crying G to Az and came over to where we stood. Amren quickly explained what she needed Mor to do and I grounded my teeth. I didn't let myself see Mor's tremble. This was not magic of this world. But I didn't care at this point. As long as it got Feyre back to me.

Amren and Mor stood side by side in front of Az, in front of G, who kept radiating the night from his body. They muttered some word and a dark light radiate from their outstretched hands, into the night. And slowly, so slowly I saw her coming closer. But the girls steadied their feet, as if they were being pulled away, as if something was pulling them. Sweat ran down both their temples as Feyre was still being pulled in. I had never felt so helpless. Even under the mountain, even then Cauldron be damned I at least had some control, as little as it was. But I know, I could do nothing but watch as my Mates life rested in the hands of my second and third. My wife, My High lady, My equal in every way. She came closer but I knew that Amren and Mors energy was draining and draining fast. I could make out the shape of her body, the way she floated through the night, arms, legs and head limp by her side. Her eyes were closed, she was so close I wanted to reach in and grab her. "Amren I can't hold on much longer" Mor said between heavy breathes. I clenched my jaw; I couldn't stand around doing nothing. I willed any power left in my body, anything that would allow me to use my powers to reach in and grab her. There, a small kernel that I could gather, enough to turn my hand into smoky night. I reached forward, into the pool but she was still too far, just out of my reach. "I need her closer" I grounded out. Tears were running down Mor's face, her dark stream becoming wobbly. Her knees buckled but Cassian caught her, held her. Feyre still was on her slow accent.

We weren't going to make it. She's going to come so close to only lose her, forever, and I would have failed her. Nesta, Nesta for cauldrons sake came out of the corner of Amren's apartment and stood next to Amren, face in tears. "How can I help; I can't do what your doing- ""put your hand on my arm and give me your energy." Amren replied in a short-clipped sentence. She was feeling it, the burn out slowly approaching. It was in her eyes, the dimness of her skin. Elain came over too and placed her hand on Mor. The ladies of the night court, standing as one to save their High lady. I'd have to remember this scene. I knew Feyre would want to paint it. Because she would get out, she will get out and get to paint and thousand paintings, more if she wanted. The dark power became stronger and there she was, Feyre was in my reach just a couple more inches. There, my hand wrapped around cloth and I pulled. I pulled her towards me, towards life, until she came out of the inky night and fell into my hands. Feyre, my mate. She was alive, breathing in my arms. Mor fainted and the rest of the girls seemed like they weren't too far behind as they leaned over and rested their arms on their knees, panting hard.

Gawain began to slowly stop crying as he saw Feyre, the night reeling back into him. That would be a discussion for another time. But I couldn't believe that she was in my arms. My family gathered around us but held a respectable distance away. I cradled her head in my hands and her body still lay limp across my lap. I called down the bond for her.

Wake up Feyre

I found you I finally found you

If you don't wake up, I'll have the vanilla tarts you love so much bad banned from Velaris

And there, her eyes fluttered open, so slowly and she muttered "Prick" but I didn't care, not as she was here, speaking, conscious. I laughed and kissed her lips. She grabbed my face with her hand and kissed me back with heartbreaking gentleness. "I'm tired" she muttered into my chest and began to close her eyes. I stood up, Feyre still in my arms. I looked up to my family, and Az muttered "go", so I did, into our room. I laid her down into the bed and wrapped myself around her as she fell into sleep. I was exhausted too I realized. They could take care of Gawain for a while. I couldn't even fight my eyes as they closed. I only wrapped my arms around her tighter and covered us with a wing before I fell into deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cried the whole time writing this. I hope you guys love it as much as I did.

Every time you guys leave a comment it it makes my day so thank you so much.

xoxo

-S