Chapter 31: Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

Something about a person's soul being an orb of light when it exits the body it's in. If anything it was worth a shot, if it works it works if it doesn't well we'll deal with it when we get there.

Quickly I get to my feet and reach up to the light. It seemed to have floated away slightly since I'm certain it was just above my head, now it's high enough to where it rested in my palm only when I was standing at my full height with my arm outstretched as far as it would go.

Nevertheless I clasped the orb in my hand and knelt back down beside her. The light in my hand started to move around in my grip, whether it was to return to Tina or not isn't a chance that I'll take.

Putting my hand against her mouth I let the light energy go inside her.. It did as quickly as I opened my hand. Deciding it would be a good idea just in case I lowered my head closer to her head and covered her mouth with my hand for reassurance that it wouldn't leave her body.

Everything around me was still for a moment, sure I could hear the echoes of Lily and Aqua scanning the room for Kelly but it sounded so distant to me. Then out of nowhere Tina's body moved, making me jump.

Her quick breathing alerted me to it immediately. Holding her head in my hand she looked at me in slight surprise.

"I'm alive?" her low voice whispered. There was something off about it though, it was like there wasn't anything behind it.

"W-Where's Kelly?" she asks this time a little louder in a monotone voice practically devoid of emotion as far as I could tell. "We don't know." I reply honestly looking behind at the group.

"Dang it." Tina said and then widening her eyes, noticing the change in her voice as well.

"Tony we have a problem!" I yell after turning to face him. Without hesitation Tony ran up to the two of us.

"What's wrong? Is Tina alright?" he asked with concern showing on his face. His eyes quickly caught Tina's green eyes and sighed relief for a moment.

"I'm alright Tony just a little... shaken." she explained with the same monotone voice. Tony noticed it quickly and sank to his knees. "They took your power I'm guessing." he guessed, glaring behind him at the girl behind a control panel who looked like they were quivering in fear.

"Tony, why would Tina's power be connected to her not being able to show any emotion?" I ask him which makes his hand go straight to his neck. "Well you see..." he started but was cut by Tina questioning how I knew about this.

"The quick answer is that our powers are mental abilities so emotions are tied to our power so when that goes so do they." I explained trying not to trip over his own words.

After the explanation, me and Tony grabbed her by the shoulder and helped Tina to her feet. "Thanks, now let's find Kelly." she said with the same voice but a somewhat determined smile.

Aqua and Lily noticed what was going and came over to us. We exchanged breaths of relief at Tina being alive and started looking at the girl that caused all this.

"Think the girl there knows anything?" Aqua asks, gesturing toward the girl by the control panel with her head. Lily looked in her direction and stared directly at her, causing her to look away frightened.

"Wouldn't be surprised but we should be careful, they look scared of us." Lily admitted looking at the floor. Lily cautiously walked up to the girl who immediately hid her face from all of us. As Lily's ears flopped down over her head I cupped my hand to mine.

Unfortunately they were talking in a volume too low for me to hear. So at this moment, we're all left in the dark about the situation.

Before I knew it though Lily came over to report on anything that she got. Sadly though there was nothing.