You rubbed your head, how did she get these? Did she... sleep through the whole thing? Unbelievable... how could you sleep through such a damn event? How did the sound of Harper's car not wake you up?

You shook your head.

"Huh?" You felt a coyote's nose nudge your leg. You brought your attention to it, the canine seem to have something in it's mouth.

"Where the hell did he get this metal frisbee from? Eww... why is there chewed up bubble gum on it?" It sets the object down in front of your feet, you cringed as saliva dripped on it. You hesitantly picked it up, minimizing skin contact with it.

"Why would a frisbee have red blinking light—"

Your breath hitched when you realized what the object is.

"(Y/n)?" Harlowe called within the trailer, you had to hide this. You took a deep breath before sliding it in your pants, shuddering at the slimyness of the coyote's slobber against the skin on your lower back. The feeling of the used chewing gum touching you isn't pleasant either.

You sat on it and straightened your back, acting like nothing happened.

"Here." Harlowe hands you a glass of drinkable water. You gave her a forced smile and accepted it.

She helped to pop two tablets out from the blister pack. Harlowe then placed it on your palm.

You gulped down the medicine along with the liquid, eyeing the coyote that brought you the foreign item. It's 'squinting' at you.

"Shit... stay away from me." You bit your lower lip nervously.

It approached you and sniffled the area where you hid the disk. Soon, a few more joined in because they were curious.

You crossed your fingers behind your back that Harlowe wouldn't check—

"Shoo! Damn it, this thing ain't a toy!" Harlowe swatted them away, turns out they were interested in the thermometer, not the tracking puck.

The coyotes flattened their ears at the blonde and trudged away.

You secretly sighed in relief while Harlowe shook her head.

How did this tracking puck get here? It must be from Brandy or Vasilios but how? Didn't Harlowe have a foolproof plan to keep you to herself?

You let your mind wander, there are a few possibilities. Number one, maybe it's already lying around somewhere nearby and one of Harlowe's coyotes picked it up, thinking it's a new shiny toy. But then, it's functional and fairly new.

Another possibility is that her sister dropped it here. But isn't her sister on her side? How did she even get this in the first place?

Little did you know, the tracking puck was discovered stuck on the exhaust pipe of Harper's car. To everyone's fortune and to the Delano twins' misfortune, it was discovered by an ally. Someone in a similar situation as yours, someone sympathetic enough to help and understand your pain.

A girl that's just like you.

How? Harper made a mistake of bringing her along to deliver the medicine and thermometer to Harlowe. While the twins are talking and distracted, The ally covertly threw the tracker out of the window. The soft grass muffled any sound, therefore Harper and Harlowe did not feel anything was wrong.

Moreover, it was too dark to see it even though it's blinking with red light.

The girl could only pray that you'll be rescued and you'll help her in the future too.

______________________________________________
A/n: haha easter egg :)

Thansk for reading and ily ❤️❤️

Reader forcing a smile for Harlowe while feeling the coyote spit covered, chewing gum covered tracking puck in her underwear: