More Than Just Friends - A Chazz Princeton Oneshot

I pulled my dorm room key out of my pocket and put it in the lock, jiggling it around for a bit before I got in. Once I had opened the door and entered the pleasantly air-conditioned room, I let out a sigh.

'That was an utter disaster,' I thought to myself as I turned around and closed the door. Seeing that the room appeared to be empty, I climbed up onto the top bunk and sat down on my bed to think about what had just happened and, more importantly, what I was going to do about it.

Just as my thoughts had begun, they were interrupted by the sound of the bathroom door opening. Chazz Princeton stepped through into the main part of our dorm. When he saw me, he seemed a little surprised. "Oh, hey Jessica. I didn't expect you to be back so soon."

Did I forget to mention that Chazz Princeton is my roommate? I know, I know, it's weird for a girl and a guy to be roommates, but Duel Academy had run out of dorms and the numbers fell out so that, if Chazz and I both wanted to stay at the school, we had to room together. It was actually pretty interesting how it all happened...

Flashback:

At the start of the year, it seemed that everyone had received information about who they would room with except for me. Since I was starting to get worried, I decided to go talk to Crowler about it. He wasn't my favorite teacher, but it seemed like he had the most power. When I got to his office and opened the door, I found that Chazz was already in there, shouting about something.

"What the heck do you mean? I can't room with her!I demand that I get a room to myself!"

Crowler seemed frustrated when he responded, as if this conversation had been going on for a long time. "I'm sorry, Chazz, but if you want to stay at this school you're just going to have to get over it. You don't have a choice in the matter." Just then, Crowler caught sight of me standing in the back of his office. "Ah, see! Here's your new roommate now."

Upon hearing his words, I got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. "'New roommate?'" I repeated, trying to comprehend what he was saying. "You mean that me," I pointed to myself, "and him," I pointed to Chazz, "are going to have to share a dorm?"

"Yes, Miss Wallace, that's exactly what I mean. You see, the number of students ended up this year so that we had to put a boy and a girl in a dorm together to fit all of the students."

I walked forward to stand in front of Crowler's desk next to Chazz. "That's fine and good and all, Professor," I said, trying to sound respectful. "But frankly, Chazz and I hate each other. One of us'll be dead by the end of the first week if we have to live in the same room." Chazz nodded his head emphatically in agreement. It was true; I couldn't stand how arrogant he was, and he couldn't stand how I called him out for it.

"Yes, well, we actually chose to stick you two together because of your... antagonism towards each other." Chazz and I both looked at him confused, so he explained. "We didn't want to put together any two students who could possibly develop... um... 'romantic feelings' for each other, to avoid obvious complications." I rolled my eyes at Crowler's statement, and Chazz blushed a tiny bit after he figured out our teacher's meaning.

I sighed and turned to face Chazz, arms crossed over my chest. "Well, Princeton, there's no way I'm leaving this school, so I guess we're stuck together." Chazz nodded at me begrudgingly. "Yeah, I'm not leaving, either."

"Does that mean you both agree to this arrangement?" Crowler asked. Chazz and I both nodded. "Good. Now, go move in. I've had a long day." And with that, he shooed us out of his office.

On the way to the dorm, Chazz tried to bribe me into leaving the school . "Please," he begged, "I'll pay you any amount of money to transfer somewhere else."