there's no pain when you're with me

A/N: All my drabbles are so random pls don't ask about them, okay? (If you've read any of my ao3 cake drabbles you KNOW which one I'm talking about) But yeah, enjoy!

-----

For as long as Calum can remember, the places where you felt pain, or pleasure, in some cases, was where your soulmate had been hurt, or whatever.

You also got the same marks as your soulmate.

For instance, random cuts meant that they came from your soulmate, bruises, etc.

And whoever was Calum's soulmate, they must be really klutzy. He had bruises pretty much every week.

He had been concerned that perhaps his soulmate was being abused, or bullied, but Ashton helped disprove that theory.

"Well, you don't feel constant pain all the time, so no for abuse. And if he were being bullied, there would be a lot more bruises. Maybe some cuts."

So this person had to be clumsy. This clumsiness is what brought the two soulmates together.

-----

Calum had been walking down the high school hallway, rushing to his locker. Unfortunately, so were loads of other kids.

What made this being trampled on worse, was the fact that he kept feeling pain in his shoulders, arms, and legs.

Calum tried to fight through the pain, knowing it was only his soulmate, but he bumped into someone, and his forehead began throbbing.

"Oh my god, I am so so sorry!" A blonde boy said, holding a hand out to Calum. He was gorgeous, no doubt about that.

Calum took his hand, and the contact made his face feel like Florida in the summertime.

"It's okay, really. I'm Calum," He greeted.

"I'm Luke," The other boy beamed.

Just then, someone shoved straight into Luke's back, and Calum could feel a sharp pain from his own back.

"Ah, shit!" Calum cried out in pain.

"What, what is it?"

"My bac..k..."

No way.

Luke. Luke was his soulmate.

It made sense, right? The back pain when Luke's back had gotten hit.

"Yeah, my back got hurt too."

"Y-yeah. Um, Luke? Can I uh, borrow a pencil for a minute?"

"Of course, yeah." Luke handed Calum a mechanical pencil.

This was it. The test to see if Luke really was his soulmate.

Calum took the pencil and poked the led into his palm.

"Ow, fuck," Luke winced, peering at his hand.

And Calum couldn't breathe. Luke, Luke was his soulmate. All his. No one else's.

"H-hey Luke? Can I tell you anything?"

The taller boy looked at him quizzically. "Uh, sure? Why?"

"I just wanted to let you know that...you and me are kind of..." Calum trailed off.

"Kind of...?"

"BEST FRIENDS. You and me, we are best friends now! Haha...ha. Whoops, gotta head to class, so bye, Luke!"

"Uh, okay? Bye, Calum!"

Fuck. Fuck.

-----

"Are you fucking kidding me, Calum?" Ashton asked, exasperated.

"I don't know Ash! I freaked out! Luke's just so pretty, and why would he ever want me as a soulmate, and-"

"Hey guys! Mind if I sit here?"

Oh no. Nononono-

"Hey Luke!" Ashton kicked Calum in the shin. However, he really didn't think that out thoroughly.

"Shit!" Luke dropped his plate onto the table and rubbed his shin. "I hope my soulmate isn't getting beat up."

"He's not," Ashton murmured. Luckily, Luke did not hear him.

"So is it cool if I sit with you guys? Luke spoke up.

"You're free to sit here, Luke," Ashton said, earning a glare from Calum.

"Thanks. Sorry about that shin thing. Soulmates, right?"

"It's fine. Your soulmate was probably being an idiot," Ashton said through gritted teeth, looking straight at Calum.

Luke looked back and forth between the duo. "Okay, either you guys are fighting, you know something I don't, or you guys are soulmates."

Ashton laughed at the irony in Luke's statement. "Me and Cal? We'd kill each other if we were soulmates. No, I haven't found mine yet. Calum has."

"Shut up Ashton," Calum said, kicking him as well.

"You have Calum? Who? What are they like?"

"Yeah, Cal, what are they like?" Ashton asked.

"Uh...well, um...fuck! I can't do it Ash. You just explain it."

Ashton grinned, as he had finally forced Calum to 'fess up.

"Alright Luke, I'm gonna punch Calum in the arm. Tell me if you feel it." Ashton performed the action, and both Calum and Luke let out a groan.

Luke's blue eyes go wide, and Ashton beams, watching the scene play out.

"So we're...soulmates?" Luke was grinning at Calum.

"Um, yeah. I'm sorry if-"

"Sorry? What's there to be sorry for Calum? You're my soulmate, and I couldn't be happier!"

"Well, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you this morning. I just thought I wasn't worthy enough to be your soulmate, since you're basically the hottest guy alive," Calum confessed awkwardly, quietly.

"You're beautiful Calum. I think that you are much hotter than me, to be honest. And you're more than worthy enough to be my soulmate."

Calum presses a kiss to Luke's soft lips for a split second.

"Come on, I was hoping for a long kiss," Luke pouted.

"You'll get one eventually. We do have to spend the rest of our lives together."

Ashton squeals suddenly, making both of the boys perk their heads up in surprise.

The curly haired boy blushes. "Sorry, you guys are just too cute."

They all laugh.

"So Ash, how about we find your soulmate next?"

Before Ashton can respond, a red headed boy drops his food tray on the floor behind Calum and Luke.

"Aw, fuck," He groans.

"Do you need help?" Luke asked generously.

"I'll help you, mate," Ashton said, rising from his seat and crouching beside the boy.

"Thanks. I'm Michael."

"No problem. Ashton."

"You have nice eyes," Michael blurts, immediately blushing after saying it.

Ashton just giggles. "I like your eyes better."

Calum smirks at them, and Luke grins widely.

"That's so cute," Luke whispers to Calum.

"You know what would be cuter Lukey? If you attached your lips to mine right now," Cakum suggested.

Luke laughed, but obliged. He couldn't resist Calum's kisses, not now, and he wouldn't ever.

-----

First Wattpad work completed. Yay! BUT YEAH TOMORROW'S (its Dec. 4th in case you read this at a later point) MY BIRTHDAY AND MAYA IS DOING SOMETHING BUT IDK WHAT IT IS I AM SO EXCITED