"Hmm." Conner is training me for the upcoming knockdown session. This is going to be my first knockdown. I don't plan on losing it, I want to be in the semifinals. I picked up my bag and hoodie.

"You stepping out?" Conner asked. We shifted our base to a new locality as most of the people who attended the gym are college students who requested that it would be easier for them to come to the gym if it was in a closer parameter.

Conner was planning to shift his base and decided that it would be a good time to shift. The present base is spacious and immense. He also added a spa to it on the first floor.

"I have to grab something to eat."

"Okay." I put on my hoodie before leaving the gym. There is a nearby cafe within walkable distance which serves good burgers and iced tea. There aren't many people on the roads. It's 10:30 pm and there might be a high chance of a downpour. I entered the cafe and strode straight to the counter. I gave my order and waited for my food.

As I glanced around, my gaze caught someone. I frowned before walking toward her. I checked her out, the food on her table was half-eaten or finished and the coffee was left alone. She is writing something in her notes.

I don't have any problem with her being here, but the thing is, it's too late for her to stay out. I knocked my fingers on the table. She stops writing and looks up. The tired expression on her face quickly changed before her eyes broadened a bit.

'Is she scared of me?'

Before I spoke, a smile spread across her face. "Brad? Sorry― Hey." I stayed quiet and she looked at the chair opposite her, which was empty.

"Have a seat." I'm not sure if I should sit or leave. She kept looking at me, her eyes always looked like puppy eyes. I sat down in the chair and looked at her.

"What are you doing here?" Her smile was erased and a frown settled.

"Why do you always ask me that? You could have greeted me back or at least smiled at me."

"It's going to shower and it's late." My statement made her look outside the window. Her mouth opened when she saw the rain droplets falling.

I'm pretty sure I heard 'Fuck' coming out of her mouth but she covered it up with an 'Ugh.'

"Ugh! I had a class project with one of the girls. She asked me to meet her here but she didn't show up. I decided to stay back and finish the project." She says, looking at her phone. It's getting heavier and heavier and, with the sounds of the rain, I don't think it will stop soon.

"Didn't realise that it was too late..." I could see the dark circles underneath her eyes. My gaze went to her hair, which she tied into a bun. Messy bun I guess with all the― What do they call it? Cut hair? Small hair? Oh, Baby hair out.

I turned my head and peeked at the rain. It was pouring down heavily, hardly anything could be seen. Now there isn't much to do, nor she could leave immediately.

"Have you dined?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She looked at the pizza crumbs before her.

"Join me again," I said, getting up to order another plate of pasta. When I sat back with our food, Ava looked at me as if she was seeing an alien.

I frowned "Is anything there on my face?"

"No, this is the first time you've spoken more than four sentences." I rolled my eyes before keeping her pasta in front of her. Now that she is eating, I observed her. She was wearing a loose black tee and joggers. Her reading glasses are back.