Poppy is my roommate but stays mostly at Max's apartment. They met in college and became good friends before falling in love.

"Finally!" Poppy stated, taking her seat beside Max. I chuckled because Poppy is being Poppy here. She forgets her assignments and rushes out at the last minute.

We became silent when the sixty-year-old Mrs Watson entered the room. Mrs Watson is famous on campus. She is known for giving assignments all the time.

"I hope everyone has their assignments and no excuses. I won't be taking your assignments after the deadline. Submit it before I leave the class," she said, pushing her glasses up. I passed my assignment to the class representative who was collecting the assignments.

After five minutes, she started teaching us the next topic on our syllabus. She is a good lecturer. If you listen to her classes attentively, you can pass your papers.

"Pass a textbook," Auden whispered from behind.

"Where's yours?" Julian asked.

"Forgot." I shook my head. Julian passed his textbook silently. I placed my textbook in the middle.

*

"Ava, what you gonna do tonight?" Julian asked. We are all lounging in the college garden.

"Hmm, nothing. Watch a movie or start a new series. But I need to complete my accounting assignment. We need to submit it on Thursday," I said, keeping my phone inside my bag.

"Ohh! You can write your assignment later."

"Ava, we are all going to this match tonight, and you join us," Max said.

"And no excuses!" Lola said, looking determined.

"Match? What match?" I asked them in confusion.

They all looked uncomfortable before Ron said, "Ava, you know about a street fight, right? The knockdown session started, and we are all excited about that. Luckily, we got passes to go there. No excuses; you are coming with us."

"I don't think so," I said, because it was five months since I went to a fight. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see Brad. I almost. . . I nearly went to watch him.

"Yes, we think so. You are coming," Auden replied. They all convinced me to come there. The girls looked more than excited as they jumped up and down.

"They have already come to watch so many matches in these last four months. They became fans of this guy," Max said.

"Which guy?" I asked him, curiosity in my voice.

"He-" he was about to say the guy's name, but Ron beat him off.

"Let it be a surprise, man," Ron said while winking at me. I rolled my eyes before eating my fries.

"We haven't missed any of his matches to date. We go there on weekends to see him, but we heard an important match today. I'm more than excited to see him," Poppy says dreamily. Julian laughed, taking my notes. Watching everyone, I missed my brother, Axel, Caleb, Brad, and Valerie.

They were all my favourite friends. We used to hang out together every day at my home, except for Brad, who was busy with his training. I miss watching Valerie and my brother argue; it was my favourite thing to do. I miss everyone back home and those days. My friends know my brother is a famous singer and a well-known personality on social media.

Initially, it was hard, as people used to ask if they could meet him everywhere I went. A few people on this campus became friends with me because Vincent is my brother. Later, I met the gang and became friends with them. They met my parents in the holidays but have yet to meet Vincent.