"Voh tickets", he pointed to her iPad screen, sweat glistening on his eyebrow now.
As soon as Asad had peaked into Zoya's iPad, his heart had stopped cold. He had seen Zoya confirming tickets to U.S. and instantly felt pain twist his insides.

Zoya now stared at the tickets on her iPad and then at her jahapanas face, laced up with worry and was that disappointment?

Hope bloomed inside her. Just as she was about to explain, she heard a shriek and then a frantic Najma running towards her.

"No Zoya you can't do that to me.You can't leave me like that", Najma started hiccupping with tears.

"Zoya what's wrong with you", Dilshad said through her angry eyes which were starting to tear up. "How could you do this. Didn't you even think it was important to tell your phuphi about this. Itna bada decision, you took without even telling us."

"Mujhe kuch nahi pata , you are not leaving us.", Najma whined.

"But I am not."

Asad's head shot up at that. Not noticing what Zoya had said, Najma continued."I don't care you are not lea.." but stopped mid sentence when she realized just the same.

"What?"

"You are not leaving" first said Asad

"Not leaving", followed by Najma

"Not leaving", and Dilshad

Zoya let out a small giggle, she felt she was in one of those typical saas-bahu dramas where all characters went kya! kya! kya! three times with their dreadful expressions.

She couldn't help but let out another giggle.

Asad glared at her.

"Allah Miyan! Whats wrong with you guys. Why are you all behaving like a saas-bahu soap opera. Itna melodrama Allah!"

"Zoya stop joking already", Najma said ready to eat her alive.

"Okay okay", she threw up her hands up in dismissal.

"I'm talking now. Well as much as Mr. khan would love it", she stopped midway not forgetting to stop midway to taunt him with her big brown eyes,"No I'm not leaving."

Love to watch her leave? Was she serious?

She had to be kidding him? Here he was going crazy and this girl was making some eyes at him. He nearly had a heart attack when he had seen those wretched tickets and here she was thinking he would love to.. he just couldn't complete it!

He let out a short angry sigh...he agreed they weren't on the best page but that didn't mean he wanted her to leave. Hell, he never wanted her to leave.

Zoya was glaring at him now. Why he was looking at her like a pissed off gorilla.

"What?" Zoya snapped at him, bursting his angry bubble.

"Why are you looking at me like that?", she demanded

"Who are these tickets for then", his face a cool mask now. He didn't want to let her know that how worried he actually was, a thousand questions clouding his troubled mind.

Who were those tickets for?Were they for her? What if she was not leaving now but planning to go next week? Or after next week?

Allah Miyan! What was wrong with this man? Runs hot and cold, even with expressions. He seemed ready enough to throttle her a second ago, and now with the cool look.

"I am pretty sure he has some sort of bipolar disease", Zoya muttered to herself under her breath.

"Ms. Faaroqui", he growled at her, his anger resurfacing from the lack of any answer from her.

"Kyun? Aap ko kya tickets kise ke liye bhi ho"

"Well, if you are leaving, it's very much my right to know, just in case you forgot you are living under my roof." He felt sick to his stomach.

"Asad", Dilshad chided him. Ya Allah! Yeh ladka

Zoya's eyes widened half in hurt half in anger. How mean! But then, her expression changed.

She smirked.

Asad frowned.

Zoya turned to face a visibly upset dilshad finally revealing the mystery behind the tale of " Aakhir kyunki Zoya Faaroqui ne book tickets."

"Phuphi, actually my best friend is going to be in town for a few days.", she said putting a little too much pressure on 'my'.

Asad brows knitted in concentration. Best friend? But then his light switch turned on. Raabart!

Without thinking, he spoke, "Miss Faaroqui no Raabart is allowed in this house and you are not allowed to meet him."

He didn't know if he was jealous or just protective.

"Excuse me, I don't need to take your permission to meet someone."

"As long as you are living in this house you have to, I am not letting you meet strange men, you are enough musibat yourself."

Zoya almost exploded with fury. How dare he call his best friend a strange man and on top of that stop her from meeting him and insult her all at the same time. How he resembled those typical aunties who stop their kids from doing almost everything under the sun!

She was about to retort when Dilshad suddenly interrupted her.

"Asad mat tang karo bechari ko" He glared at his mother, silently screaming she is not a bechari.

But Dilshad was no far from getting a migraine watching the tantrums of these two. Har baat pai shuru ho jate hain.

"Tum bolo Zoya beta"

Although furious, Zoya tried her best to ignore him. Breathe Zoya Faaroqui, you don't want to kill him and cause Phuphi pain now do you.

"Laddu is not a strange man", she threw in for his benefit."He is my bestest friend in the whole wide world", she started talking excitedly. It was her bestie after all.

"You know Najma we've known each other for seventeen long years now. I was just five years old when we moved to U.S. and because we were neighbours we've been friends since then." she happily chattered on and on not noticing Asad's grimace.

Laddu? Wasn't it Raabart? And if her best friend was this Laddu, then who the hell was Raabart? And what was up with the names of all her friends.

Zoya was still babbling about how glorious her best friend was when Asad rudely cut her.

"Get to the point Miss Faaroqui. We don't need to know his ancestral history." Although he had loved to learn more about Zoya, he just couldn't stand all the Laddu cheerleading.

Zoya glared at him but obliged anyway.

"Well he is visiting India so I was just helping him with tickets."

Asad frowned.

Wasn't she just going on and on about how glorious he was, then why couldn't he do it with his own two glorious hands.

"When is he coming Zoya?", Dilshad enquired

"Umm most probably in two to three days. You know, I have already planned everything, the places we would visit, what to..."

Asad blocked out the unnecessary babble. Although he had breathed a sigh of relief, when she confirmed she wasn't leaving, he wasn't liking this.This man was sure to come visit her or worse she visiting him.

Alone.

No.

No, she wouldn't go out with him alone.

But no rational reasoning supported his synopsis. Hadn't she mentioned she knew him since childhood. She looked ready to bite his head off a while ago. She definitely would if he said something else against him. Asad sighed a long frustrated sigh. So much for a glass of water!

This woman just made him so mad!