"What does this have to do with anything! Surely this human should be punished, even if you happen to think his aunt is great!"

"I wasn't finished Runaan," She exclaimed crossly. "Janai told me the story of the final battle and how you," She turned to face Callum again, a grateful look in her eyes, "Saved my daughter's life."

"Oh," Callum scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "I-It was nothing really." He explained, modesty overwhelming his voice. He was just praised by one of the greatest warriors of all time. If that wasn't a compliment, he didn't know what was.

"As for you two. Lain, remember when we were their age, we were just like them, if not worse. And as for you and Ethari, Runaan. The number of times you snuck off together-"

"OK! We get the point Tiardin!" Runaan interrupted suddenly embarrassed. 

"Look, thank you Tiadrin. But if we're done here, I'm going to find Rayla." Callum announced.

"What do you mean? Where is she?" Queried Tiadrin.

"I don't know. She got upset and left after Runaan called her a disgrace to her family." Callum scowled, giving Runaan a judgmental glare. 

"Well come on then, I'll help you look. Which way did she go?" Asked Tiadrin.

"This way, I think" Said Callum, pointing to the lush green forest behind the moon henge.

At this point, the sun had almost fully risen, which was lucky for them because finding a Moonshadow elf in the darkness while in the middle of a dense forest would've been like trying to find a needle in a haystack; especially when said Moonshadow elf did not want to be found. Callum had never realised how massive this forest was, it felt like it was going on forever, and even in the light of day, the thick canopy of leaves above them blocked out most of the light.

"We should split up to cover more ground" Tiadrin proposed.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Callum agreed, "We can meet back at the nexus."

Tiadrin nodded and began to head off in a different direction to Callum. She walked along listening for any signs of movement around her, and after a while came to a halt, there was a massive blockade of shrub in front of her. Just as she was about to turn around and make her way in a different direction, she heard something that sounded like sobs. Her eyes darted up past the shrub to see the canopy of trees was basically gone. It must be a clearing she thought. Tiadrin pulled her blade from the sheath on her back and began to slash through the bush.

----------

Rayla had been sitting cross-legged for around an hour, at least it felt like it, honestly she didn't know how long she was sitting out there alone. Her fingers ran along the sharp edge of her blade and she stared at her reflection in the polished metal. Her sniffles and quiet sobs filled the air as another tear rolled down her cheek. What the hell is wrong with me, she thought to herself. Her eyes dropped down to her blade once more and she wondered if the world would be better off without her. 

Rayla lept to her feet disturbed by the sudden slashing of bushes in front of her. All her muscles tensed up and she prepared for a fight, only to realized it was her mother.

"Rayla! There you are!"

"Mum, don't. Leave me alone!" She bewailed, trying to hide her tear-stained face. 

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?! What's wrong is my home ghosted me, Runaan hates me, and sooner or later I'm going to have to choose!" Rayla seethed.

"Choose between what?" Tiadrin asked in a soothing tone, trying to calm the young elf down.

"I'll have to choose between my family and Callum! Dad and Runaan will never accept him and sooner or later I have to pick a side! The one I was born to, or the one who has shown me a kindness no one ever has!" She wailed.

"Rayla calm-"

"No!" Rayla shrieked, "What's the point of my life? I'm a nobody, and at this point everyone I love hates me."

Rayla clenched the handle of her blade tightly, and Tiadrins eyes widened in fear as she held it to her neck.

"Rayla! No please!" She begged, "I just got you back!"

Rayla didn't listen, instead, she closed her eyes and pulled the blade closer to her throat...

Summary: Runaan is mad at Callum, accusing him of taking advantage of Rayla. Tiadrin and Lain return. He, Tiadrin and Lain discover Callum is a mage. Then Tiadrin and Callum set off to find Rayla, who had disappeared into the forest behind the moon henge.