13

April 11, 1991

When they got home from work, Stevie at 39 weeks pregnant was miserable. She was trying to bend over to unbuckle her Tan wedges but she couldn't and the royal blue chiffon dress she was wearing felt like it was suffocating her and she just wanted to cry. 

"Okay baby, calm down." Lindsey chuckles pulling her into his chest where she just cries. 

"I wanted a baby so badly, but I want her out of me so badly." She cries into his chest. 

"I know, it's okay. Let me help you with your shoes and we can order Chinese take out for dinner hm..." He kisses her forehead.

"Okay." She sniffles.

"Alright, keep your hands on my shoulders and I'll take your shoes off." Lindsey smiles squatting down and grabbing at her ankle. 

"Lindsey, I don't think I'm going to go into work tomorrow." She sighs. 

"I'm hesitant to ask why." Lindsey chuckles standing back up.

"My pelvis is killing me, she dropped around lunch and her head is right in the middle of my pelvis. Makes it hard to sit all day and if I walk, then my ankles swell really bad." She explains. 

"Do you think she's going to be coming tonight?" He asks squeezing her hips a little bit.

"There's no telling Lindsey. But I really want to go lie down." She says.

"Alright. I'll order you some Orange Chicken and Noddles." Lindsey kisses her head.

"Thank you." She sighs moving to climb the staircase.

When she gets up to the bedroom, she strips off the chiffon dress and then she just stares down at her belly. 

"Alright pumpkin, are you coming?" Stevie asks rubbing her stomach. 

She strips down to her underwear, tossing her bra away as she still felt like she was suffocating and she just lays in the bed on her left side as it relieves the pressure. She's rubbing her lower belly when the door opens and she smells the food. She sits up and Lindsey joins her. 

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I need a massage." She groans.

"After we eat I'll give you one." He nods.

"Thank you." She sighs shifting into a cross-legged position and starts to bring the blanket up over her chest. 

"Wait, stop, pull the blanket back down." He demands.

"Why?" She asks placing the blanket down over her pelvis right below her bump. 

"Look at your belly." He states placing the Chinese onto her nightstand.

"What about it?" She asks her hands going to her stomach and rubbing it up and down. 

"It's so big." He laughs crawling onto the bed further, laying on her legs. 

"Are you calling me fat?" She questions.

"I'm calling you full. Full with our baby." He kisses her stomach.

"I like you like this." Stevie smiles.

"Like what?" He rubs his thumbs over her stomach.

"Lovin on our baby." She explains.

"I realized on Valentine's Day when you thought that I was mad that I hadn't really been nice or fair about this pregnancy. And I was thinking about the night that you told me you were pregnant and how we had that big fight, and I know we kind of just brushed over everything, but at the end of the day. I love you both so much." Lindsey explains.