10) The Ferris Wheel

Start from the beginning

"What are you talking about?!?!" Belle shouts loudly. I sigh and explain to her the whole plan, knowing I would let it slip out eventually.

She is silent through my whole explanation and finally speaks. "That is by far the dumbest idea I've ever heard" and I couldn't help kind of agreeing with her.

"It's just a little plan. We just want to see if it works. Please don't tell anyone" I plead to her.

"Can I tell Danny?"

I sigh "fine" knowing she would slip it out eventually.

"Well if Luke wants he can come too" Belle says unsurely.

"Luke, do you want to go to the fair with me and Belle today?" I ask and he looks deep in thought for a few seconds before nodding.

"We'll be ready in an 30 minutes" I state into the phone and hang up after Belle says bye.

I jump off of the bed. "I'm going home to get ready" I announce to Luke and quickly leave the room. It was a little awkward for me waking up in Luke's bed and I'm sure he feels the same way. The less we are around each other the better.

I unlock the front door and walk inside and up to my room. I change into some shorts and a t shirt and slide on my vans.

I grab my phone and start back to Luke's house where I told Belle to pick us up. I knock on the door and Darren opens the door.

He smirks at me. "Hey hot thang. I didn't realize you left".

I smile at his attempt at flirting "Hey Darren. I just had to go home and get changed. Can you tell Luke that Belle is on her way?" I ask.

Darren turns towards the house and shouts "Luke get your ass down here! Your friend Adele is on her way!" I here Luke shout "shut up Darren I'm coming down.

Darren turns back to me and gives me a mischevious smile "enjoy yourself babe" he says with a wink as I roll my eyes.

Luke appears at the door in some jeans and a t shirt. Another thing about Luke Evans, the simplest of shirts makes him look like an Abecrombie model.

I hear a car horn and turn around to see Belle's head sticking out of her car window. "Hurry up you guys! The fair isn't here forever!" and in the open window I can see Zack in the front seat. I choke on some air and try to recover while Luke smacks my back a few times.

I finally recover as another window rolls down in the backseat. "Awww did Claire choke on her own loseritis?" Nicole says with a smirk. Loseritis? Come on Nicole you and me both know that wasn't a good one.

I inwardly groan as I walk towards the car and feel Luke's hand slip into mine. I don't pull away. I'm starting to get used to the fake couple thing and it obviously works as I see Nicole's eyes narrow down to our hands.

We climb into the car in a tight fit since Nicole refuses to move her purse that is on her right. Luke had the misfortune to get the seat in the middle next to Nicole but he didn't seem very disappointed with the seating.

I shoot Belle a look in her mirror saying with my face Why the hell is the wicked bitch of the west coming to the fair with us?!.

Her eyes quickily move to Zack telling me that he brought her along. Great I think to myself.

The ride is filled with awkward silence that Belle tries to break a few times but it doesn"t work. We finally get to the fair and hop out. Nicole immediately grabs Luke's arm, not even trying to be subtle and says in a voice that sounds like a baby's to me "come on Luke. Let's go win me a stuffed animal".