4. Look at Me, Say What You Really Mean

Start from the beginning

"If Hannah is telekinetic, as you say she is..."

"As Trent says she is," Virg corrected him. "I can't say for myself."

Gini gave him his trademark annoyed look.

"How's my aura looking, big man?"

"Annoyed," Virg read his emotions easily, giving him a smirk. "Sorry. Go on."

"Okay, well whoever says Hannah is telekinetic, it would make sense because so is her brother."

Alex (or Ox, as he had been known since his initiation days) was Hannah's older sibling. He initiated the first year Virg and Hendo had taken charge of the program, and Virg well remembered the trouble he had with helping him to contain his exuberant energy which tended to spill into random objects flying around the room whenever he was feeling extreme emotions.

"Not another Oxlade-Chamberlain," he sighed. "You're probably right, Gini. I hope she's not as crazy as her brother."

"Okay, well, I still haven't told you my question," said Gini.

"Fire away, bro," Virg kicked the heel of his boot against the wall, trying to rid himself of his nervous energy.

"Rory. She's Hendo's sister. If she's divergent, wouldn't Hendo be divergent as well?"

"I don't trust Hendo," Virg said immediately, feeling his own nervousness spiking.

"I'm aware," Gini nodded. "This could be good, though. If we can find out what Rory is, we can find out what her brother is. It could be key to understanding what his motives are."

"You won't turn them against each other, if that's what you're thinking," said Virg, eyeing his best friend curiously.

"I wasn't planning on it," Gini shook his head. "I've seen it as well, they have a very close bond."

Virg muttered something that was lost in the crash of the water, and Gini turned to look at him, concernedly.

"It's gonna be fine, Virg, you've gotta trust yourself," he laid a hand on his arm, and Virg shook his head sadly.

"I worry, you know. Every year. Sometimes they don't all make it, and I feel responsible. And there's so many of them this year, I need help with this."

"I'll help you bro, you know that."

"Come watch them train?" Virg finally turned to look at his best friend. "I could do with your input."

"Sure," Gini nodded, standing up from leaning against the wall. "Alright well, I'm going to head to bed. You going?"

"I'll stay here for a bit, I need to clear my head or I won't sleep," said Virg. He moved over to stand by the railing that prevented people from falling into the deep fissure below.

"Okay," Gini nodded. "See you tomorrow."

~.~.~.~

Jord was a little surprised to see a new face in training the following day - she overheard the dauntless borns referring to him as Gini, but apart from that, Virgil didn't give any explanation for his presence in the room. The two stood side by side, muttering quietly to each other, and it put everyone on edge. The two looked a little comical together, Jordyn thought. Gini wasn't a short guy, but next to Virg he looked small.

"Didn't know Virg could smile as much as he has today with Gini here," Ems commented, the brunette working beside Jord, as usual.

"Init," Jord nodded. "They must be close."