HLS - Chapter 22

Well that was a quick update, aye? I think I deserve more votes on this one, lol

Enjoy x

______________

Someone was forcefully shaking my shoulder. I tried to smack their hands away, but whoever it was, just shook harder. “Whaaaa..?” I whined squinting my eyes at the blinding light peeking through the airplane window. “Wakeup.” Jackie mumbled. “We’re landing. You have to see the view from above!”

The view? I sat up in sudden excitement. I unbuckled my seatbelt and rushed to the window, where the seats was unoccupied, and stared at the island below in awe. “Wow.” I breathed out ogling the view.

“I know, it’s beautiful.” Jackie agreed.

I turned to Jackie with a frown. “I’m sorry.” I whispered after a moment of silence. “Mia.” She whined. “Why are you apologizing? If anyone it should be me.”

She looked down at her lap, as her thick dark hair fell in her face. “I’m so sorry Mia. Ro told me everything, and how you had nothing to do with the whole Vic issue.” She said staring at me with apologetic eyes. I smiled, but it didn’t reach my eyes.

It was true, I had nothing to do with the whole Vic issue. Rowan hadn’t bothered to fill me in on that. “I apologize for yelling at you, blaming you and making a scene. Overall I’m sorry for being a penis wrinkle.” She said.

I burst out laughing. “It’s okay, Jackie.” I said grinning and hugged her. She sighed and hugged me back. “Great, because I didn’t want to spend my summer with my best friend hating me.”

“I could never hate you.” Was my cheesy response. Her face broke out into a grin. “Aw, aren’t you the little romantic.” She said ruffling my hair and making a dash for her seat before I could yell any profanities. She laughed the whole way to her seat, and then blew me a kiss before plopping into the arms of her poor sleeping boyfriend.

“I take it you guys made up.” Abe said grinning. “Yeah we kissed and made up.” I said gesturing him to sit down. He complied and raised his eyebrows in interest. “Abe!” I gasped smacking him on the arm. He chuckled and looked at the flight attendant that was approaching us. She was different from the first one. She was much younger and a hell lot prettier. “Sir.” She purred. “Buckle up, because the plane is getting ready to land.” She bent a little forward to show off some cleavage, then straightened up whilst flipping her hair. She then flirtatiously winked at him before sashaying down the aisle. I looked at Abe to observe his reaction. Surprisingly, it didn’t seem to affect him at all, he just turned back to me with his ever present grin.

“Ready?” He asked as I stared into his calming brown eyes. What was it about those brown orbs that drove me insane? I remembered a few weeks back when I overheard two girls in the women's bathroom stall complaining about having brown eyes. They went on and on about how unattractive and boring having brown eyes was, and how they wished they had inherited blue or green ones. Now, I wish I had intervened. I'm sure if they took one glance at Abe they wouldn't need any further explanations. The phrase You couldn’t be true to eyes of blue, if you’ve looked into eyes of brown fleeted through my mind. It also stirred up the memory of that day I told Abe my secret, and he forgot. A wave of nausea washed over me and I tightened my jaw.

Not now, god. Please not now.

I gasped as Abe grabbed my hand. He didn’t give me a quizzical look, or even point out that I didn’t answer his question. He simply held my shaking hand in his large warm one and slowly he started murmuring some lyrics.

They were sitting,

they were sitting on the strawberry swing

every moment was so precious