0.5

"ALL FIRST YEARS FOLLOW ME!" Hagrid bellowed, most of them only followed as they were afraid the would get trodden on if they didn't. Meaningless banter was going on between Harry, Ron, Hermione and I until we were stopped by none other that the massive prick people refer to as Draco Malfoy.

"So it's true what they were saying on the train," Malfoy sneered. "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

Neville Longbottom looked around in disbelief. Neville was one of the few people I knew, clumsy but he was really a sweetheart. My parents and his got along quite well when they were alive, despite the fact that Lucius and Narcissa loathed them.

"I'm Malfoy," He said, pride in his voice. " Draco Malfoy." A smirk played on Draco's lips, while me and Ron both gagged behind him. Followed by a snicker from both of us. "Think my name's funny do you?" directing his words mainly towards Ron. "No need to ask for yours. Red hair, adn a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley." Ron looked defeated, but he wasn't going to get away with this.

"Go on, arrogant boy," I chuckled. "Cause a scene like you're supposed to." He just glared and me and returned his gaze to Harry, and slightly to me?

"You see, Potter," He smirked. "Some wizarding families are better than others, you don't want to go around making friends with he wrong sort. I can help you with that. You ought to know that, Woodier." Ron knew about my family, as I knew about his, long lines of pureblood wizards are hard to come by and all of them are known throughout the wizarding community. Malfoy stuck his hand out for Harry to shake it, but in response, Harry just looked at his hand. 

"I think I can tell the wrong kind for myself, thanks," He replied in a dignified way. He almost sounded as if he were mimicking Hermione, words could not describe how proud I was. McGonagall went on and on in some long speech that Paddy had said multiple times, so I knew it of by heart. She then lead us in, Harry, Hermione, Ron and I at the front. As we walked in we gawped at the sheer beauty of the place.The ceiling was enchanted to look like the current sky, at the moment it was a clear night sky, the sky black and you could see every single star. Candles were floating all above our heads, which left to wonder why we weren't all covered in molten wax.All of the students were staring at us first years, including Paddy and his goons. At the front of the grand room was a battered old hat which I knew could only be the sorting hat.

"Now, before we begin," McGonagall began. "Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

Blah, blah, don't go into the forbidden forest or the third floor corridor, blah, blah. After what felt like an age, people went up the stairs, sat on the stool and put on the hat.

"Justin Flinch-Fletchley," McGonagall called. soon after the hat called out Hufflepuff, who were delighted to have someone pleased to be in their house.

"Hermione Granger," A booming voice echoed. Hermione muttered something, I'm not sure what but it seemed pretty sketchy. A second later the hat called out "Gryffindor." And a roar of claps erupted from the Gryffindor table. After another what muggles call another "Ice Age" passed, Harry was called out and the crowd fell silent, eager to find out which house Mr Potter wold be sorted into.

"Gryffindor!" Que another burst of applause in three, two- Thus begin the screams.

Eventually Ron was called up. The hat muttered some thing about 'another Weasley' and quickly placed him in Gryffindor.

"Ariadne Woodier," McGonagall's voice boomed, I could see Paddy and his friends speaking, probably putting money on  what house I'd be sorted into.

"What do we have here," The hat hissed. "I see a lot of intelligence in here, rather cunning too, but loyal, maybe too loyal... " I was muttering things under my breath like 'Please be Gryffindor, please be Gryffindor.'

"A waste of potential if you ask me," it groaned but then proceeded to say, "Gryffindor."