0.1

I was sat at home, wondering what to do. You see, I was one of three children, the middle child, thus, the least important child. I was only eleven and my parents and Rosaline (my younger sister) went to Flourish and Bott's in Diagon Alley, something about a new book signing or whatever. Leaving me alone with Paddy. Paddy was short for Podreig, and Podreig was my older brothers middle name. His first name was something more traditional, James. But no, instead nicknaming himself Jamie, like a normal person, his shortened his middle name. Strange I know, but what are you going to do? The reason why I was so bored, was that Paddy was waiting for his mates to come around. He had just finished second year, and was still waiting for my acceptance letter to come through. When James is waiting for his friends he becomes really antisocial and cold as if I didn't exist, that we didn't know each other. I have never met hsi friends but today mother put a hex on the house so Paddy couldn't leave the house, but other could enter. He was known to leave me alone all the time, and it was only when my parents had a phone call from the ministry about what he had been doing that they had decided to take action.

After I had decided to test myself on Quidditch tactics, there were knocks at the door. Three to be exact. Paddy skipped to the door. Skipped. Woah, this is most definitely a girl. I laid on my back on the sofa kicking my legs up in the air, wondering how I'd gotten two inches taller in the past two weeks. I chuckled to myself, "Lets see what I can catch them doing," the smirk on my face, evident.

"Fred, George," Paddy chirped, "Come in, parents aren't in." I was kicking my legs in the air now, boys? Boys? He skipped the door for boys? James Podreig Woodier, how you are in Gryffindor is  beyond me. Well, he is arrogant enough. I laughed at my own joke. Yeah, I am funny. Ugh, even my thoughts are sarcastic.

"Ariadne," Paddy sent me a look, as if to say 'get out or die'. He signalled for the door. He was with two identical red heads who are the infamous Weasley Twins.

"All right," I sighed, "I got it. But James," Paddy cringed. He hated being called by his real name.

"Yes, Ariadne," He grumbled.

"Don't have too much fun," I winked and quickly scurried up the stairs. I got half way up but then I heard a snippet of their conversation and I couldn't help but listen in.

"Wait she's your sister?" One of the red heads asked.

"But she's so bloody tall," The other one muttered. I looked at my hands. I'm not that tall, five foot five inches isn't that tall for an eleven year old. I hope?

I quietly completed the second half of the stairs, they couldn't know I was eavesdropping. When I entered my room, I found a small note on my oak desk.

Ari, I don't mean to be a bastard but I stole your hairspray and those black jeans you have. Me and my friends need them for an experiment

Paddy

Ugh. I stormed downstairs and opened the door to the front room, leaning against the frame.

"What is this supposed to mean?" I sighed. Paddy looked confused, but sniggered, giving the impression it was an act.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," He chuckled.

"Oh really?" I questioned. "Let me recite. Ari, I don't mean to be a bastard but I stole your hairspray and those black jeans you have. Me and my friends need them for an experiment. Paddy." His smile grew bigger, and his eyes twinkled.

"Oh that," He muttered, stifling a laugh.

"Yeah that," I spoke, sarcasm oozing from my words. " First off, me and my friends? I'm not even in first year yet and even I know that  that does not make any grammatical sense James." He looked shocked. I mostly kept these thoughts to myself, barely ever spoke out, even if I did, not getting noticed.

"We found the Ravenclaw," Fred laughed, or was it George, ugh twins. I felt confidence bubble up inside me.

"It doesn't take a genius to speak English," I retorted. The look on James's face stuck like glue.

"Only eleven you say?" Twin numero dos asks. He was the one who mentioned my height. I became more and more annoyed each second. Where  were my jeans, and the hairspray, did this include a match. I hope not.

"Look, just give me my jeans," I replied impatiently.