The Ladybug

ALotMoreGinger helped me with editing this story so please check her out

After getting ready for school, I quietly went down the stairs, not wanting to wake my parents

After getting ready for school, I quietly went down the stairs, not wanting to wake my parents. Once I got down the stairs, I saw my dad sleeping on the couch snoring, while his breath filled the air with bitterness. I just grabbed an apple off the kitchen counter, getting my keys, then left quickly.

I began walking out of my house in the early morning to catch the bus, where I had met originally Tanjirou and he had given me his jacket. I still remember it clearly, the feeling of confusion and embarrassment. It was kind of him to have given it to someone, something warm.

The day before is still stuck with me, I could still see Tanjirou's eyes. He was disappointed, but understanding as to why I didn't want to hang out after school again today. I know he wouldn't do any harm to me, but I'm still not used to being around other people after school. It's new to me and I'm kind of afraid of what will happen next.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for them being around me and not being alone anymore. But from the bullying that haunts me, along with constant isolation, it took a harrowing toll on my mental wellbeing. I'm not judging them at all, it's just me being insecure and scared of their true motivations. I wish I had the courage to go places with them like friends do. But I'm too afraid to be around them. I'm afraid that once they get to know me, somehow they would have something to dislike about me.

Would they find me too sensitive? Disgusting? Plenty of things go through my head as the bus halts in front of me.

I shake my head a bit to clear out my negative thoughts. I stepped up into the bus and sat down in one of the many empty seats, which is unusual for me  since I usually stand.

Friday, I think, knowing I should be happy it's the end of the week, though I feel my chest fall, knowing I now have to wait two days to see my friends again.

"Well isn't that new. You're finally sitting down,"

My thoughts are interrupted by the bus driver. They'd known me for quite some time. He knows how I am towards most people when they make contact with me. We had spoken to each other before when we're alone since people prefer to not use public transport this early in the morning, unlike me.