IV.

Where do we go from here? Waking up to see a soft teal dress with rose gold details laid out on a chair was not what you wanted to see first thing. That was the dress you would be wearing to your breakfast for your engagement party. You were given an itinerary for the day and it appeared that these royals had so much shit crammed into one party that you were sure it was an Olympic event at that point. 

      You pursed your lips, at least the dress was cute. You remembered that your mom asked you to stay positive during this time and you were trying but by the gods did you just want to escape. It would benefit both of you right? She was straight and you were sure she wouldn't be into you. You were bisexual and dated maybe five times in your life as you were focused on your schooling, your art career was all that you ever cared about. You at least assumed Emma would be with you on that stance, she was five years older than you are now. She seemed as dedicated to her career as an actress, a feminist, and a model. Above all those titles and magazines she was a smart woman, so the two of you concocting some sort of plan wouldn't be harder than being told you had to marry. 

     You were ushered into a hotel suite, your family another. You quickly checked around to see if any other presence was going to be known, aka - were you staying in the hotel room alone. So far it seemed you had, unless your fiance was ushered in. So far nothing. 

   You heard a knock at the door. A woman - tall and finely put together entered. She introduced herself as Fuduma Ali. She was gorgeous, her outfit was colour coordinated with her nails and jewelry. 

     "Hello Ms. [l/n] I am your makeup artist." She smiled. 

  You didn't realize you would be having a makeup artist, let alone one who worked in Hollywood and on top models around the world. She sat you down at the vanity and pulled out her kit from the cart she brought. All the while you two talked about her films, her favorite works, and her career. 

    "I hear you do film as well?" She asked and you nodded, briefing her about your choice on sets. She found it interesting.

   "Ah us art department people are never appreciated are we?" She laughed and you laughed with her. 

You looked in the mirror after she finished and were amazed, she made you look like a runway model, your eyes stood out and your makeup brought out your features and highlighted your dress. After talking with her she gave you a quick hug and told you she would see you around. 

  "Hopefully on set next time." She winked before leaving, which made you smile even more. Afterward, a hairstylist came and he was just as fun as Fuduma. 

Jason Mark Vance was a hairstylist for models, mostly in Haute couture. He added the smallest bit of glitter, to give your hair a "regal glow" as he called it, only barely noticeable but enough to get heads to turn. 

    "Besides, Miss Watson will devour you when she sees you on the spot babe, honest to god." He joked which made you laugh but made nerves arise.  The idea of you and Emma falling in love? This wasn't a romance story, everything wasn't going to be love at first sight and it's not like she's into girls. 

  "I think she's straight, I mean if she had the chance to marry a dude, I'm sure she would have." You say and Jason raised a brow.

   "Rumor down the grapevine has it that she had a choice of a man but picked you, so there's something." He said which made you confused. 

   "Wait, so there was a guy and she picked to marry me?" You ask and he nodded. 

  "Besides, not everyone is out of the closet - I mean those of us who are loud and proud, right?" He smirked, giving you a knowing glance. "Don't think I didn't notice that pride tattoo on your shoulder missy."