Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of Amber talking to some man.

I chose to ignore them. Amber did tell me she was dating someone named Roger. She said she met him at a cafe or a restaurant and it turned out they were going to the same college. She also said that Roger was part of a band named Smile, and I might see live performance of them some time this year.

"I love you," I heard Amber coo.

"And I love you too," a raspy, high-pitched voice responded.

I heard make-out noises and some giggling.

"Go get a room," I muttered, not meaning for them to hear me.

"How can we go get a room when we're literally in a room?" Amber said sarcastically.

"Shoot. You heard me?" I said as I rolled over.

My eyes met with the man's blue eyes. We stared at each other for a split second before Amber interupped.

"Yes, we heard you," she said, rolling her eyes. "How can we not hear you?"

I sighed and tittered. The man (whom I supposed was Roger) was making me nervous. He kept on staring at me.

I sat up in bed and looked at the clock. It was 8 AM.

"I thought school starts at 6?"

"They wait until two days for the students to get used to their surroundings before the first day of school," Roger informed me.

I nodded and looked at the ground. Roger kept on staring at me with those baby blue eyes.

"There's some towels in the bathroom if you want to take a shower," Amber said, noticing the tension between me and Roger.

"Uh, thank you," I said, still looking at the ground as I stood up. As I walked to the bathroom, I could feel Roger's eyes on my backside.

I scurried into the bathroom, shutting the door as quickly as I could. Roger was making me really uncomfortable. He's got Amber; why would he be staring at me?

I sighed and got a shower. I could hear a bed rocking in the room. Ew, I thought as I stood in the shower until they were done.

I came out to find Roger gone and Amber fixing her hair in her mirror.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" I asked with a smirk as I sat down on my bed, drying my hair.

"Mmh, yes I did," she said as she put some lip gloss on. "And it was pretty fun."

"I bet it was," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

She stared at me in disbelief as I shook my head no.

"Why? You're really pretty, prettier than me!"

"I was home-schooled, and I never left the farm before so."

"This is your first time away from your farm?"

I nodded slowly. "Yes," I said sheepishly.

"Oh my God, we need to get you out and about London!" Amber suddenly exclaimed, standing up. She knocked her chair in the meantime, making me jump.

"Come on!" she said. "Get dressed and we'll go out! I'll bring you to all my favorite spots."

"I don't know," I said unsurely. "I kinda want to stay here."

"It'll be fun!" she said, pulling on my arm to get me up.

"Uh, can it wait until tomorrow? I kinda want to stay here and explore."