Untitled Part 4

Josh and Cameron dated and grew closer over the next months. Cameron continued with school and saw Josh on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the studio. The Greta boys continued to work on their new EP and things were going smoothly. Obviously that didn't last. Once the EP was recorded and the engineers were doing their thing all that was left to do was wait for Sam and Danny to graduate and the boys would be off on tour for the first time. That left Josh and Cam about a month and a half to be together.

It was difficult for Josh to broach the subject with Cameron. He felt like he had kind of been lying to him by not telling him that they would be leaving eventually. He figured it was best to take a page from Jake's book and talk about it upfront. He brought it up one night at Cam's apartment after they got back from dinner.

"Hey we need to talk."

Cameron instantly thought the worst and started rambling. "Uhh, okay? Are you breaking up with me? I thought we had something good going. I- I'm sorry! Whatever I did I'll stop I promise! I'm sorr-"

"No no no, Cam that's not what I want to talk about! I totally want to keep this up, whatever it is. It's just, the band is going on tour soon."

"Oh"

Josh did not like that reply at all.

"It's only for like 6 weeks, but I know that's a long time to not see each other. And the thing is, if this tour goes well there will probably be bigger, longer tours in the future. So I need you to know that it's okay if you don't want to stay exclusive anymore. If you want to completely end this now that's fine. If you want to pick up where we left off when I come back, even better."

"What if I don't want anyone else?"

This is what Josh was hoping for but not expecting to hear. "What do you mean exactly?"

"I don't want to be with anyone else. I want to be yours whether you're here or not."

"Do you want to make it official then? Be my boyfriend?"

"Yeah, I think I do."

Josh kissed Cameron hard then and Cam kissed him back. Josh knew that he would have someone to come home to, and that was all he could ask for.

They talked some more about the finer details, like making a facetime schedule. They talked about future tours and how Cam could come to visit out on the road once he was done with school. Josh brought up meeting his family and Cameron seemed excited so he invited him to Frankenmuth for a family get together in a couple of weeks.

Later that night once they were lying in bed, Cameron had a question keeping him up.

"Joshy?"

Josh was on the verge of sleep and gave a weak "hmmm?" in response.

"How do you know you won't find somebody else while you're gone? I mean, you're gonna meet a lot of people. People a lot better than me I'm sure."

That woke Josh right up. He sat up and looked at Cam's face glowing a little from the lights outside his window. "You realize that there are several hundred thousand people in this city right?"

"Yeah but-"

"And I've fucked about a quarter of them"

"Wait wha-"

"And I still didn't find anybody worth committing to until I met you. So do you really think I'm gonna leave you for some nobody I meet in a random city on tour?"

"You make me sound so foolish when you put it like that."

"You aren't foolish, I just want you to know you can trust me. This relationship thing won't work out too good if you don't."

"I do trust you. It's just silly anxieties that like to spawn in the dark."

"Will you hold me so they don't get me too?"

"Of course Joshy."

And so our lovely boys fell asleep, Josh on Cameron's chest and Cameron with his arms wrapped around Josh's waist.

//

AN: This is very soft because I am very soft and they must also be soft by extension.