Damon

I make it just in time to the principals office to see the boy that saved me walk out of the door, he stops just infront of me and looks down at me, my head is directly in line with his chest and the aftershave he is wearing is so good it almost makes my eyes flutter visibly infront of him.

"Youre the girl he was strangling right?" His voice was smooth and soft which is not what I was expecting, most guys I knew that had tattoos, dressed in all black and looked the way they did sounded like they smoked 40 packs a day.

"I like your tattoo" Why did i say that? Why dont I know how to control my own mouth? He just asked you a goddamn question.

"ughh, thank you." He looked awkward and unsure. I took a breath and was about to reply with something a little more.. normal. "well i mean I know its you, i just, didn't know what to say. I'm sorry my brother, he deals with we have going on at home a lot more violently than I do"

I looked up at this boy and studied his face for some time, he didnt look anything like Jake. "You're his brother?" 

"Yeah, well step brother but.. can i see your neck?"

I swallowed hard and imidetley regretted doing so, the pain was still there. I very subtly nodded my head and lifted my chin to show him my neck, hell I hadn't even seen how bad it was yet.

"Holy shit.. I'm so sorry, it must hurt so bad" he placed his hand on my throat very gently and I felt a small tingle rush around it, I looked at him a little closer now and noticed how good looking he was.

"It's okay I'm fine, I dont need anyone to look after me" then I walked off.

"but if i wasnt there you probably wouldnt be breathing right now" 

"and thats up to the universe to decide" I shouted from down the hallway.

"in that case the universe sucks balls for breakfast" 

What? haha, I found myself smiling a little, then got mad at myself for smiling at a dumb joke with some dumb boy and I continued walking, flipping my hood up over my head and going to the only safe place for me on campus. The smoking area.