"I don't like the sound of that," said Percy.

"Me neither," agreed Nico.

Without another word they took off at a run to find out what was going on.

---------------------------------------------

Carter knew they were in trouble when Hermes cabin ended up at the rock wall with the Aphrodite Cabin. Not that the Aphrodite cabin was really climbing the wall. They were more just sitting around watching other people climb the wall, paying particular attention when the Hermes boys with more muscles scaled the rocks than anyone else.

Carter dragged Sadie to the side since this was their first chance to talk in private since that morning. "Does Nico have another plan for getting us out of here?"

"He mentioned trying again tonight," said Sadie. "He wants to shadow travel us away from here." She looked at the other Hermes campers, a thoughtful look on her face.

"What?" asked Carter.

"Hmm?"

"You look like you're thinking deep about something. You have any ideas on what we should be doing?"

"Uh, no, not really," said Sadie. "I'm all for getting out of here however Nico thinks is best. But you know . . ."

"What?"

"Have you ever thought that maybe we could use a few more like Nico and Percy?"

"Huh?" Now Carter was confused.

"Well, we're not doing so good on finding other magicians," said Sadie. "Except for the ones who want to kill us, who really aren't all that helpful. But Nico and Percy are more than a match for any of the enemies that we've made so far. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to recruit a few more demigods to our cause."

"Sadie," said Carter, "They don't like us. They hate magicians, remember? You've heard how they talk about us."

"Nico and Percy don't hate us because they know better."

"But that's them -"

"And demigods who don't have preconceived prejudices won't have anything against us either, I don't think," said Sadie. Carter followed her gaze toward the demigod girl they'd arrived at camp with, Piper, who was getting ready to climb the rock wall.

"I don't know, Sadie," he said.

"I don't think she likes it here much," said Sadie. "She hasn't been claimed yet so she's feeling left out. We could take her with us."

"For all we know she could be the murderer," said Carter.

Sadie shook her head. "Piper's cool. You're not going to make me believe otherwise without some proof."

"Okay," said Carter, "then look at it like this. Yesterday was the first murder. The first one, as in there hadn't been any others before that one. And whoever the killer is, he or she's on a spree. So either something happened yesterday that caused the killer to flip out and start murdering people . . . or the killer only just arrived here yesterday."

That made Sadie frown. "Yeah, well she's not the only one who just got here yesterday."

"Well of the five new people, there's us, her, Leo, and Maya. We know it wasn't either of us. Maya's barely four feet tall. So that leaves Leo and Piper."

"Then it's Leo," said Sadie. "Or one of those Hunters. Piper's cool."

"Because she stood up for Nico?" asked Carter dryly.

"Because she refuses to jump to conclusions about people who she doesn't know!" said Sadie. "She's a good person."

"Maybe she is, but can we really afford to take a chance?" asked Carter.