Heal My Wrongs (1)

His lungs screamed, his heart longed to stop, out of breath, his mind dreamt of a haze to take over, numb his being, clear his thoughts, cleanse his mind

His lungs screamed, his heart longed to stop, out of breath, his mind dreamt of a haze to take over, numb his being, clear his thoughts, cleanse his mind. But hatred was a fearful force, anger filled his vision, a future of the blood to be spilt, as he stared at the man cowering in fear, the man that once drank the pain of others, the man who brought the end of his sanity, an end to his being, an end to his world.

'Come'n Gene' she slurred, her words contradicting her actions as she crept deeper into her brothers hold. 'You al's have to be the sourpuss dont'ya, let go'way me', her weak pushes did nothing to escape her brother's strong hold, Gene watched with a concerned smile, his sister's drunken actions never failed to amuse him, but worry did often overtake rational for the younger sibling, and one could only imagine what could've occurred had she got into the car of the older man he had caught her with.

'But I luv'ou, what'll I do when you move out, you'bout alls I got', her brother would never abandon her, but worrys always got the best of her, the boy was nearing twenty-two, it still amazes her how she latched on for so long, but good things always come to an end as they say, but she was a resilient one, and cant bare to see him go.

His fingers shuck with emotions that brought about this weakness, this void in his life that medicine failed to heal. The rattling of bullets failed to soothe his burning headache, but he continue to stare at his downfall, his bringer of despair, cry for mercy, as if his sister got such treasure for faults that were anything but hers.

His sister was fast asleep in her bed, tucked in, shoes off, lying on her right side just as she liked it, perfect for if the poison consumed by her wanted to come out and see the light of day once more, advil and water on the ready, tomorrow would be one hell of a day for the both of them.

He let's out a long blissful sigh as he softly shuts the door to his room, rips of his hoody and shorts, and quietly gets under his cover. He didn't have the opportunity to dress up like his sister did, as he was on one of his nightly runs when one of Ellie's friends informed him of her concerns towards his elder sister.

'I... I... I.. had to.. I had to do it... They woulda killed me... please have mercy... please', the whimpering man was trapped, the only exit being a painful plummet to death, prays flowed through lips, all and and every god's name proclaimed in mercy, eyes on trembling fingertips, that clasped the contraption that would bring about his demise.

Screams. Screams. Screams... Silence.

Blood oozing out of wounds.

Cries... Oh so many cries.

Ringing of sirens.

Echoes. Cries... Silence.

Nothing good came out of that day. Watching life drain out of the eyes of the only one you gave a damn about would do that to a person. Revenge and retribution was the only thing that was on Gene's mind.

'I'm giving you an easy death motherfucker'.

If only things were that simple.