Chapter 3

~.~

"Can I help you?" Asked a stern faced goblin.

"Yes, you can. I find myself in need of a lawyer, the best lawyer you have in fact."

The goblin's eyes widened and galleon signs lit up in them when it realized that this was no ordinary wizard; he was obviously rich, especially since he was asking for the best. And asking for the best meant that you would pay the best for doing your work.

"Come right this way sir," said the goblin.

"Thank you," said Harry.

He was led into a waiting room full of books on mines, galleons and jewels. Harry selected a book randomly, though once he got into it, he realized just how interesting it really was. He waited for about five minutes before the goblin came back with a man in regal and pristine robes. The man looked more serious than Harry had ever seen, but when the man saw him, his posture lessened and his faced softened.

"Can I help you Mr.?" asked the man, holding his hand out.

Taking the lawyers hand, Harry replied. "Evanson. Yes, I would like to purchase a home, a mansion or manor preferably. The biggest you can find in fact, within the wizarding world. I will need access to the floo and other amenities such as that. Money is of no concern, so any price range would do," said Harry.

"Very well, are you sure about the size sir?" asked the man, wondering just how rich this person was.

"Yes, no matter the cost," said Harry.

"It will be done immediately sir," said the man.

"Thank you. You can contact me at the Leaky Cauldron. Once you have found a suitable place, I will make sure you are paid.

"I will work on it right away sir," said the man. After ensuring he had what he need, he left the bank. He had visiting to do. He was determined to get the best house he could for the young man.

Harry walked out of Gringotts and found Severus in the same place he had been in yesterday. Only now, the robes were much worse and Severus was shaking. Frowning he walked over, the closer he got, the better he could see the after effects of the Cruciatus curse.

"Severus?" asked Harry, not wanting to scare the boy.

Severus whipped around. Harry gasped; Severus looked like a mess. His face was cut, bloodied and bruised. He was shaking and his eyes were dilated. Looking down at Severus with so much understanding that Severus' tears could no longer remain still.

"What happened?" Harry asked.

"Nothing," said Severus. He could not speak to Harry. His father had seen them and had told him that if he were ever with anyone again he would kill them.

"Severus tell me now!" demanded Harry, bringing Severus head level to his.

"No! Father will kill you...said so," was all Severus was able to mumble.

"Your father could not kill a fly if he tried," said Harry.

"I can't talk to you! He will punish me again if you do and it hurt. Please go away!" said Severus. He was not lying when he said it hurt. When his father had uttered Crucio, he had felt as if his whole body was being stabbed with daggers while being burnt alive.

Severus had read about the Cruciatus Curse. It was one of the three unforgivable curses, guaranteed to land you in Azkaban for life, if not the Dementor's Kiss. He couldn't believe his father had used it on him.

"Come on lets go," said Harry, lifting the ten-year-old up. He was nothing but skin and bones, still shaking badly from the curse.

He took him to his room at the Leaky Cauldron. Once inside, Harry got out his healing potions from his trunk. He handed Severus a pain relieving, nourishment, and an Anti-Cruciatus potion.