Race Against Time

Start from the beginning

[Football player]
Arms out wide
To welcome you to stay

[Bree]
Right by your side

[All]
Near enough to listen to your hearts song

[Bree]
Always there to help you on your way
Family

[Cheerleader]
Always there

[Football player]
Family

[Bree]
Family

[ All ]
Family

Bonzo smiled wide and eveloped Bree in a hug. "Grodza." (Beautiful)

"Thanks Bonzo." She replied before extended an arm towards Zed and Eliza. "Come on you two."

Zed and Eliza sighed before joining the hug. Bonzo wrapped his arms around the three of them and squeezed them tight.

"Alright, alright easy Bonzo." Zed laughed. "We can't breathe!"

"Zodzig." (I'm sorry) Bonzo replied, loosening his grip.

"Uh guys," Bucky called from the front. "We're here."

🐾POV Change brought to you by Zoey's stuffed dog Zander

Addison hovered over the moonstone, her brow furrowed in concentration as she willed the moonstone to keep glowing. Suddenly, Wyatt's fingers twitched in her hand causing her to look over.

His face was pale, eyes half closed, and his forehead was beaded with sweat. Keeping the bond intact was taking more energy than he had to spare.

"Wyatt, are you with me?" Addison asked nervously.

Wyatt stirred, his eyes opening slightly more. "I'm okay Addy, don't worry. Just focus on the moonstone."

Addison frowned slightly at his response. She knew he was lying. His moonstone was fading in and out in front of her eyes, she knew he didn't have much time.

"Hey." Wyatt called softly, snapping her from her thoughts. "Tell me about mom and dad. What are they like?"

"Well," Addison began. "Dad is the chief of the Zombie Patrol and Mom is the Mayor. They're both very professional and good at what they do. At home, they're loving and supportive but they have high standards. I've lowered those standards a bit by revealing my real hair and dating Zed, but they've grown to accept it. We don't always see eye to eye, but I always know they love me."

A small smile crept on Wyatt's face at her words. "They sound great. Do you think they would ever come see me play football?"

Addison laughed. "Unless they have something important going on for work, they never miss a game. Mom used to be a cheerleader and Dad was a full back."

"Guess I got something from my old man after all." Wyatt chuckled before it turned into a coughing fit.

Addison frowned, she really wished the others would get here soon. Wyatt was risking his life to help her save his pack and she felt helpless as he continued to grow sicker.

"Addison, can you do something for me?" Wyatt asked softly.

She nodded as she met his gaze. "Of course, anything."

Wyatt's eyes shined with a dull light. "If this doesn't work, and the werewolves and I don't make it, tell mom and dad I forgive them, okay?"

Addison shook her head, refusing to accept what he had had said. "Don't talk like that. You're going to be fine. We're going to walk out of here together and you can tell them yourself okay?"

Wyatt sighed. "Addison, you're always the optimist, but we both know I'm getting worse. I want to believe that I'll get to spend the rest of my life getting to know my biological family, but I can feel my energy fading. I'm sorry Addy, it's over."

Addison stared at her hand pressed firmly against the moonstone. She and Wyatt were the only thing standing in the way of life and death for the wolves. Zed and the others should be there any moment. If they could just hang in there a little longer....

Addison's eyes widened as she turned to look at Wyatt once more. She had just found her brother she couldn't lose him now. Taking a deep breath, she knew what she had to do.

"Addison, what are you doing?" Wyatt asked nervously, seeing the look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry." Addison whispered, a tear running down her cheek. "But I can't lose you."

"Addison no!" Wyatt weakly yelled as she pulled her hand away from him and placed it on the moonstone.

The moonstone immediately grew brighter from the contact but Wyatt slumped forward, no longer having Addison's extra energy to keep him awake. She watched as his chest moved slowly up and down, reassuring her that he was still alive.

Addison then focused all her energy on the moonstone. She had to keep it going until her friends arrived. She couldn't let the werewolves down.

The moonstone pulled at the energy inside her and Addison could feel herself growing weaker, but she stood strong. She had to keep going.

"Addison?"

She looked up at the sound of the distorted voice and saw Zed and the others standing at the entrance with the moonstone. Addison breathed a sigh of relief as the cheerleaders and football players began rushing around to grab the wolves moonstones and recharge them.

"You made it." Addison smiled, just before her world went dark.

Author's Note

Hey guys I know this update is WAY overdue. I hit a bit of writer's block so it took me a while to get it figured out plus I also did this:

 I hit a bit of writer's block so it took me a while to get it figured out plus I also did this:

I got the new Animal Crossing New Horizons game. This is my island which I named Seabrooke and I made a Mighty Shrimp flag to go with it ol. yeah, that's all I have. Enjoy and hopefully the next update will come much quicker.

-Meloetta246

P.S. The song is called 'Always There' from Lady and the Tramp 2.