31 | I'm Alive but I'm Slowly Dying Inside. Day by Day.

Lauren Jauregui

Once Jason and I finished our dance number, the tango music had ended. He let go of my waist and I stood back in place while the room of guests mingled and talked among themselves. A roar of applauses were heard around the room and both my mother and Nina approached Jason and I. Looking back at the staircase realizing that Zayn was gone. "Oh no, no." My mothers voice focused my attention back to hear Jason and the kids. "That was such a spectacular dance!" My mother cheered as I stood beside her listening to her say in awe.
-
"Thank you, Sofia." Jason had replied back to my mother, while I just stood there among them not really caring for anything they had to say, like I had been the whole night. "What about you darling, did you like it as well?"
-
"Huh?" I said not realizing Jason was speaking to me. I let out a breathless laugh followed by a smile. "Yes, I loved it as well." I lied. "Everything was very well put together." I said brushing my strand of hair away from my face.
-
"Zayn didn't show up." Nina broke the conversating atmosphere with another topic of conversation.
-
I dazed off thinking about Zayn as Jason spoke. "Well we don't know, there is still a little while until this party is over."
-
"Well I am a bit tired." I said. "I would like to excuse myself." I admitted, I was done with this party from the moment it began.
-
"Oh darling." My mother nudged my arm. "Are you crazy?" She said. "The party has just started." She said.
-
"That is true." Jason agreed with my mother. "We are the hosts." He said. "We can't just go upstairs and leave the guests here." Jason added.
-
I sighed followed by a smile. "Darling, it's not to be rude, its just my ribcage is still sore." I lied. "And well, we've celebrated." I admit, while my mother did not look happy with me saying that.
-
"Yeah." Nina added. "I'd like to leave as well." She admitted.
-
My mother sighed. "Please, do you not see how important this event is?" She continued and I was growing tired of her talking. "It would be such a disappointment among all the guests." She justified.
-
"Well if you'd like to excuse yourself, I will go with you." Jason admitted.
-
"Mr. Malik-..." My mother whined further.
-
"Mother." I said as she was further getting on my nerves in a calming tone and wrapping my arms around her shoulders. "But you know what?" I told her with a smile. "You can stay in representation of both Jason and I." I said. "Let's go Nina." I added as I motioned Nina and Martin my way.
-
Both the children as Jason smiled and excused themselves from mother presence and the four of us made it up the stairs, leaving my mother to stand alone in the middle of the anniversary party.

***
After leaving Nina and Martin in there rooms, Jason followed me to our bedroom as I opened the door and he followed behind me. I walked passed the sofa and towards my closet looking for some sleeping wear as I took off my earrings. "It worries me that you still have pain in your ribcage." Jason spoke his thoughts.
-
I stood in front of the mirror as his reflection stood right behind mine. "It is normal Jason." I said. "The car accident was a few days ago." I added.
-
"Well it wouldn't be bad to go to the hospital either." He suggested.
-
I turned around to look at him. "Seriously, don't worry it is nothing." I pressured. "I am fine."
-
"Well then, I will leave you to rest then." He said. "I just want you to answer to something." He added stepping closer to me. "Did you enjoy our anniversary party?"
-
"Yes I did." I lied followed by a small smile.
-
He sighed. "I know it is difficult for words to mean something whole heartedly, when our actions say otherwise." Jason began. "But I promise I will never ever do anything again that will further you from me." He admitted his thoughts.
-
I didn't say much and just glanced up at his face then down at my fingertips in which I held my earring. "I know." I said.
-
"I will see you tomorrow yes?" Jason said with a smile.
-
I nodded my head as he stepped forward towards me to plant a kiss on my cheek near my lips. I closed my eyes in disgust, while he stepped back and gave me a small smile. "Sleep well." Is all I said. He didn't say anything and nodded his head, and left the room. Leaving me standing there to wipe the planted kiss on my cheek with my hand.
***
Zayn Malik