Chapter 1

" If anyone finds this journal, I shall have you know it belongs (or belonged...) to me, Ace Lavensir. I'm 17 years old, 5 " 7, and just your typical blonde hair, hazel eyed girl. I've been on this mountain for quite a time (ok,  I lost track after 16 months), and the forest has become an enjoyable home for me- although its natural alarm clocks could use a little adjustment.

   It ain't too bad. I am forced hunt illegally, which the thought doesn't seem to bother me - it's for my own good after all. It's  become pleasurable in my leisure time, since hell, I've got all the time in the world to kill! No school, no teachers, and no more damn parents.

  Anyone would love to be up here. I came here when my parents got into a fight.. And long story short, it all led down to me.  They didn't freaking want me anymore...  I wasn't too suprised, but still heartbroken none of the less. 

 After eavesdropping on their narcissistic conversation, I  packed all my stuff that was possible to stuff in a school bag, and got the hell out of there. . . I still remember the moment i flew past the screen door. It was like a cold burden lifted off me, like shackles broke, and wings grew. I was free. 

   I already had a destination on where I wanted to escape to.  I always wanted to explore it, since after all, I am the adventurous type. I never told my parents where I wanted to go- I never wanted them finding me. Ever. 

   I raced through the woods until I was sure I was out of siight, then walked until I found a decent spot - actually I think it was more like I collapsed from exhaustion and that place pretty much had to do. Setting up camp was the hardest, since I've never done it in my life (the damn dad never took me camping, let alone anywhere)  After breaking my back to set up my mini camp, I felt I did good. Looking over at the mountains, which are in clear sight from where I am now, I knew this unsettled forest was the perfect place for a refuge like me. It was a refuge for a refuge. Funny right?

 I'm able to see a valley from my spot, which seemed a perfect place for animals to hunt. I practiced my knife throwing, trapping, fort building, fire building, and cooking, etc..  I was aching to do for what seemed like all my life, since my lame ass dad never taught me shit.

 For a month or so, I killed deer and squirrels with my dad's gun that I "borrowed without asking."   After numerous shots, I  realized I started to run out of bullets.  I knew I needed bullets since bullets=food.  I was mainly a carnivore due to the scarce edible vegetaion up here other than the mini garden behind my hut. Rationing the bullets didn't help, cause I ran out after 2 weeks. I was screwed. 

  Finding a weapon without going into civilization would be almost impossible, or at least I thought. I came up with the idea of a bow and arrow. Hell, the Indians could make one, why can't I? By that point, that was the 3rd month into my self-exile, and don't worry, I figured it out. I just had to starve for about 2 freaking weeks (worst time ever!)... Little did I know it required horse hair, a strong willow stalk, and presicion in the making...  In the mean time I stuck to a dull spear. 

  So now that I caught myself up, the sun is almost hitting the tips of the trees behind me, so that means I gotta get my ass moving if I wanna eat tonight before nightfall. Goodnight."

  Ace set down her journal, content with her start. She peaked out the window of her stick made fortress and noticed the sun went down alittle more. "Ah crap--" She lept up and grabbed her spear, hoping to get something before dark. 

 Little did she know that when she (eventually) went to sleep- her world would be flipped upside down the next day.