Chapter 33: Return Of Thanos.

"Do we know if she had family?"

"Yeah. Us." Steve scoffed at Tony's question.

Thor was obviously confused and muttered an uncertian 'what?'

"I just asked him a question-" Tony stated defensively.

"Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right?"

He was growling at this stage.

"So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together."

"We can't get her back." I piped up from my place by the wooden beam.

"Wha- what?"

" It can't be undone. It can't."

Thor let out a dry laugh.

"I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And "can't" seems very definitive don't you think?"

I was beginning to lose my patience with the God.

" We have the stones but she still isn't here, is she?"

" No, that's my point-"

" It can't- be undone. Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say."

I lose the support of the wooden beam and march over to Thor, my face very close to his.

" Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? GO GRAB YOUR HAMMER, AND YOU GO FLY AND TALK TO HIM!"

My anger was quickly replaced with grief.

" It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it."

In a burst of anger, Bruce grabbed a bench and hurled it clear across the lake. With his anger spent, he turns to the others with a resigned look on his face.

" She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to."

" We will." Steve sighed.
_________________________________
We were inside the Avenger's Lab. Tony carefully placed the stones in the gauntlet he made while Bruce and Rocket watched, myself included.
With nervous precision, Tony manipulated the machine and carefully placed all six stones into the gauntlet.

"Boom!"

Tony and Bruce jumped a bit, and quickly groaned at Rocket's joke. Soon after everyone started making their way in. Gathering around the gauntlet.

"All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket stated.

"I'll do it." Thor exclaimed.

"Excuse me?" Scott questioned.

"It's okay."

Everyone tried to hold back Thor as he advanced towards the gauntlet.

"No, no, no, whoa. Stop. Stop. Wait a sec. Hey, hey-"

" Wait, wait, Thor, just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." Steve pleaded.

"I'm sorry. What, we're just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?"

"We should at least discuss it." Scott suggested.

" No, no, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty."