Chapter One

"Do you have everything Helen?" My mom screamed from the other side of the hallway. I looked around my room to make sure that I had everything that I needed. I was going on a boat ride to an island off the coast of the beach. I had my phone, sunglasses, bathing suit (just in case), sunscreen (my mom insisted), a sweater, extra money, and lunch.

I zipped up my backpack with all my things and ran to the kitchen. My mom was there waiting for me, sitting on a stool.

"Ready?" My mom asked as she grabbed her keys and phone and stood up. I nodded my head and we walked out the door.

"You should put your hair up. It might be windy and I wouldn't want my hair being blown all over the place," My mom explained as we got into her car.

"Okay, I guess I will. Do you have hair ties?" I asked. She opened the center council of her car and reached into it. She grabbed two hair ties and handed them to me. I put my hair between my fingers and wrapped the hair tie around my chunk of hair.

By the time I finished, my mom was already pulled out of the driveway. I tried to pull my dress down to cover up my thighs. I personally didn't want to wear this dress, but my sister forced me to wear it. It was white with pink little flowers covering it and it had ruffles at the end of it.

I'm not the type of person to show off skin. My sister is the total opposite. She is in college now and is 20 years old.

By the time I stopped thinking about my sister, I was already at the place where the boat leaves.

I climbed out of the car and pulled my backpack over my back. "Bye mom, I'll see you at six," I told her as I got out of the car. She nodded and waved goodbye.

I walked into the building (more like shack) and sat down in the waiting area. Then over the speaker they announced that my boat was going to leave soon. So I stood up and handed the clerk lady my ticket. She took it gladly and told me to go outside.

I walked out of the double doors and stood at the end of the dock.
When more people came out and waited by the pier, the captain of the boat let us climb aboard.

I stepped into the boat and sat in the back. Then I saw Zayn Jackson and stopped breathing. He was the bad boy at my school and he was totally hot, but a trouble maker. He had brown hair and a pierced ears. He was also muscular and he was wearing a black t-shirt and denim jeans. He also had a backpack that was a black Jansport.

He looked over at me and smirked. Zayn walked over to the back of the boat and sat down next to me.

I tried to stay away from him as the boat was riding along the ocean.

"I've seen you around school, you know. What's your name?" Zayn asked me breaking the silence.

"Helen, Helen Michaels," I replied and glanced at him quickly. I could tell that it was going to be a long ride.