How they met

It is another beautiful day in the mirror world and everything (as usual) is pretty to look at, the trees are blooming, the chips are dancing and singing. But... there was shadow Kirby, he was the protector of this peaceful land but he is not well trained. He is a coward and a wimp, he seems to run out of trouble when it's near and doesn't know what he is doing, but everything seems pretty ok now so he doesn't have to worry. But... even though things are peaceful, he is very lonely. Not that many friends to talk to and wonders what having parents are like, all of these insecurities stopped him from being happy. All he wanted was someone to cuddle with and someone to help him become stronger, he can barely defend himself. Even though he was sad and lonely, he still cared deeply for his people and would protect them no matter the cause. One day when shadow kirby was minding his business he saw a little rattle in the near by bushes near the forest, almost like someone was there. Out of curiosity he decided to check it out.

"Poyo?..."

He moves some of the branches out of his face
Only to see a mysterious figure, which oddly looks like him. That figure was Dark meta knight. He was not up to any trouble, but that did not stop shadow kirby as he kept following him, thinking he was some threat. After shadow kirby accidentally sneezed (yes, I know it sounds dumb lol) dark meta knight quickly turned around

"Who's there? Show yourself!"

dark meta knight yelled while pulling out his sword. Out of complete fear, shadow kirby stayed hidden. Dark meta knight heard shadow kirby's whimpering, and slowly walked up to the bush, pushed it aside and saw shadow kirby covering his head, he couldn't even look at him

"*Sigh*... it's only a kid. Why are you following me?"

Dark meta knight asked, shadow kirby did not answer still being in fear

"Um... do you not know english? Why are you following me like some kind of creep?"

Shadow Kirby finally decided to say something, but obviously being a young borb, it wasn't much

"Poyo" shadow kirby responded with

"Um... what does that mean?"

Shadow Kirby looked at the ground, not saying anything after that.

Dark meta knights POV
"Hmf... it is pretty obvious that he is a child. And by the looks of it, it seems that he cannot defend himself either. If I was actually planning on hurting him he'd probably squeal. Makes me wonder why he's following me even more, but he's playing dumb so I'm most likely never going to get a answer."

End of POV

After staring at each other for a bit.. dark meta knight finally realized this was a waste of time and decided to take off somewhere else. Shadow Kirby stayed there while dark meta knight flew away into the distance. But then shadow Kirby remembered something, his loneliness. He thought that it would be interesting to go after him, seeing what he was up to. He called his warp star and chased after dark meta knight. After catching up to him he looked down to see that dark meta knight was just.... sitting there. He had his cape wrapped around him while looking at the sunset. Shadow kirby landed on the ground quietly and slowly went up to him.

"Poyo.."

Dark meta knight recognized that voice and turned around. He was surprised, but a little pissed.

"Ugh... you again? Why do you keep following me? What's so interesting about me?! Stop following me around like I'm your mom and go find some friends to talk to."

shadow kirby looked down, then looked back up at dark meta knight

"Mama?..... mama...."

...

Dark meta knight Started to feel bad. He thought that he should've worded that differently except for being so harsh.

Dark meta knight's POV
"Maybe I shouldn't have been so rude.. he looks like me... maybe he... is me. No parents, and it looks like he's lonely. Though he will soon learn to be independent like me, instead of people babying him... that's good... right?

End of POV

"You're lonely huh?"

Shadow Kirby nodded

"I know."

After some thinking... dark meta knight decided to ask

"Hey... um... is there something I can.. do?.."

Shadow kirby's eyes widen and had a big smile on his face. He grabbed dark meta knight's hand and was forcefully pulling him, like telling dark meta knight to follow him. Dark meta knight couldn't resist and did as he wanted. They both walked and finally reaching there destination, shadow Kirby's house. Shadow kirby ran inside and dark meta knight followed. And then... a bond started.